Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Not being able to shift your foot for hours on end is NOT comfortable.
That's what adaptive cruise control is for. Set it and forget it.
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Source?
This is unlikely and would be a first for any manufacturer.

Edit: Saw this answered later with "CS". This is one of the times I think someone strayed from the script and got it wrong.
What mode do you think they tested in? I highly doubt it was conserve. All purpose?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Anyone notice that the spare isn't full size?
1632591739683.png

Document page 147.
The R1T does allow for a full size spare. The R1S does not. I think this is just calling out the size if it is equipped with a temporary spare where spares are required by law.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
That's what adaptive cruise control is for. Set it and forget it.
Which isn't available when towing. (Or is "partially available", whatever that means).

I think my point simply remains "why not offer the more flexible system"? Give two good options to use regen, instead of just one.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Which isn't available when towing. (Or is "partially available", whatever that means).

I think my point simply remains "why not offer the more flexible system"? Give two good options to use regen, instead of just one.
If I had to guess, I'd assume that means it will set your speed but either doesn't brake for you or won't trigger your trailer brakes. Then again, if you are towing a trailer on the highway you are going to get a 30 minute break for your foot to stretch and relax every 2 hours or so.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I loved the whole section on vehicle care, telling you what pressure wash and distance away from paint etc. Really great attention to detail.

Also they have their road side assistance contact , who is first to call and say Hello I have an issue, I don't have a R1X Vehicle (Don't do this, just joking) lol.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
For those of us that will have a dedicated spare wheel/tire combo (winter boots for me) this raises a question. I have always had my winter combo configured with TPMS, and they have always had pressure readable by the vehicle. This item makes me wonder if it will be...
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? 1632594418073

Just got off a chat session with Rivian, and it was of limited value. He said he believes the Rivian TPMS system will NOT support industry standards and told me twice that Rivian advised against aftermarket tires, and had never heard of Blizzaks, X-Ice, WinterCommand, etc. So - no help there.

On a good note, he did verify that the TPMS system will display tire pressures on the center display.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

For those of us that will have a dedicated spare wheel/tire combo (winter boots for me) this raises a question. I have always had my winter combo configured with TPMS, and they have always had pressure readable by the vehicle. This item makes me wonder if it will be...
1632594418073.png

Just got off a chat session with Rivian, and it was of limited value. He said he believes the Rivian TPMS system will NOT support industry standards and told me twice that Rivian advised against aftermarket tires, and had never heard of Blizzaks, X-Ice, WinterCommand, etc. So - no help there.

On a good note, he did verify that the TPMS system will display tire pressures on the center display.

433mhz TPMS, looks like remote monitoring sensors, should be able to swap out sensors at least if not buy a whole new set of ecus ($200 each x4 ) for a whole new set.

TPMS ECU G6 433 MHz - TSSSG4G6b

Looks like a Benz Module

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? 1632595507572

Last edited:

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
If the only way to regen is with the accelerator, I just hope they make it really easy to toggle quickly between coast and regen modes.
Coast is part of regen. When the power meter reads 0 the car is coasting.

What's glaringly missing from this draftr of the manual is that there is no indication as to, for example, where the power meter is, how to configure the displays to show consumption during a trip etc.

Heavy regen is great in the city, but not on a highway. Not being able to shift your foot for hours on end is NOT comfortable.
Hunh?

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Coast is part of regen. When the power meter reads 0 the car is coasting.

What's glaringly missing from this draftr of the manual is that there is no indication as to, for example, where the power meter is, how to configure the displays to show consumption during a trip etc.

Hunh?
Coasting is not regen. "Regen" is short for regenerative braking. You can accelerate, you can decelerate (brake - regen or not), and you can coast (not explicitly using the vehicle to add or remove any momentum). With automatic regen / one pedal driving, can you straddle an accelerator position where you are neither adding nor removing energy? Sure. I've done this all the time when using "L" mode on the Bolt I used to have. Is this good for all people and all usecases? No. If it was, this wouldn't even be a point for discussion, would it? :)

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
The manual transmission analogy is not a great one. In sixth gear on with a manual transmission on a highway, if you take your foot off the accelerator you do not generally get much engine braking (it depends on the specific engine and how they've tuned the ECU, but in general there's not enough mechanical advantage in top gear to get much engine braking). With a one-pedal driving mode on an EV, where 0% throttle = max regen, you're going to get a ton more slowing. Especially if the vehicle has a good regen system that can capture a lot of energy.

Not everyone wants their throttle pedal to act as a "dead man switch", dropping the anchor every time they let off. But just because some of us don't want that behavior (at least not all the time) that doesn't mean that we don't want all the braking that we do do to be as regenerative as possible.

?‍♂

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
My current vehicle lets me toggle the child locks electronically (button on drivers door). I was surprised Rivian didn’t just put it in the center screen.
You sure that’s not just for the windows?
Sponsored