"Rivian orders placed after 20% price hike appear to jump the line"

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Really? Really? From the delivery tracking sheet, the numbers you entered show that you got your R1T Adventure sooner than others who were in front of you in line, and that yours was delivered at the very beginning of your delivery window. That doesn't sound to me like Rivian screwed you over.

I have a Launch Edition R1T ordered before you but delivered more than a month after you. You should have received your R1T after all the LE customers and after all the Adventure customers from 2018 and 2019 and from the first 10 months of 2020.

While some like Kyle may have jumped the line, it's not true that those few delayed your order in any way, because in the end you got yours sooner than expected. The changes Rivian has made since introducing the shop last year have greatly improved the line keeping.

Again, Really? You got yours in Aug 2022. Six months before that was February, which was before Rivian began shipping in quantity to customers and before the price hike. That means ALL the anecdotal evidence you're implying is for pre-price increase orders, so there's no way that what you think of as exceptions can be attributed to Rivian prioritizing post-price increase orders.

Bottom line, your VIN is probably 10k or less, but you most certainly are NOT one of the first 10k orders, and you didn't even have an LE order. You knew when you placed your order that you were way down the list, and you ended up getting your order sooner than you should have expected it, knowing what you should have known when you placed your order. I certainly knew when I placed my order that I wouldn't see it before summer 2022, and you should have expected to wait longer than me because you didn't have an LE which were supposed to be first. So much for your "proof" that the linked story is correct. It's all based on people with demonstrably false expectations acting entitled when they "appear" to have been wronged, which just leads to more whining.
Look at entry #118... this started the confusion. They ordered in 2021 6-months after me but took delivery 4 months ahead of me in my same city... at that time I had the same color, only difference being the rim choice, which I would have take at that time. Look at their "estimate" why would theirs have been different than mine... because they hadn't gotten the "update" of a punted delivery date like I did and inputed, so again Rivian missed the boat on said delivery, theirs was listed as Nov 21'-May 22'.... and I only took delivery in August of 22' because I took delivery of something other than my original configuration from Nov of 2020!!!! So your claim they met my "delivery estimates" is also ignorant to the fact that Rivian has constantly pushed delivery estimates, and had I not acted upon a configuration other than my original that they would have missed that as well

What's your point? Rivian has been top notch in delivering as they said they would? They have been forthright and met all timelines as intended? That service center locations are indeed a reason why people missed delivery estimates? all those excuses are in-fact bogus and we are the proof. That they have't delivered higher priced trucks to those in similar towns/cities where earlier pre-order adopters have waited? What's your point?

I agree, I was not the most screwed over pre-order holder, but that in itself doesn't mean I wasn't screwed over.

In the end it seems you're upset I'm laying claim to being screwed over when you in fact were screwed over worse than me. Just remember, that doesn't mean I get to not claim I was screwed over it only means I can't say I was the MOST screwed over.
Rivian R1T R1S "Rivian orders placed after 20% price hike appear to jump the line" 1675466621949
Sponsored

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Look at entry #118... this started the confusion. They ordered in 2021 6-months after me but took delivery 4 months ahead of me in my same city... at that time I had the same color, only difference being the rim choice, which I would have take at that time. Look at their "estimate" why would theirs have been different than mine... because they hadn't gotten the "update" of a punted delivery date like I did and inputed, so again Rivian missed the boat on said delivery, theirs was listed as Nov 21'-May 22'.... and I only took delivery in August of 22' because I took delivery of something other than my original configuration from Nov of 2020!!!! So your claim they met my "delivery estimates" is also ignorant to the fact that Rivian has constantly pushed delivery estimates, and had I not acted upon a configuration other than my original that they would have missed that as well

What's your point? Rivian has been top notch in delivering as they said they would? They have been forthright and met all timelines as intended? That service center locations are indeed a reason why people missed delivery estimates? all those excuses are in-fact bogus and we are the proof. That they have't delivered higher priced trucks to those in similar towns/cities where earlier pre-order adopters have waited? What's your point?

I agree, I was not the most screwed over pre-order holder, but that in itself doesn't mean I wasn't screwed over.

In the end it seems you're upset I'm laying claim to being screwed over when you in fact were screwed over worse than me. Just remember, that doesn't mean I get to not claim I was screwed over it only means I can't say I was the MOST screwed over.
1675466621949.png
BTW before R1TMDSD received their truck I had already updated my order from Max to Large and per Rivian's email notification, I updated in Dec of 21' the next day they sent their email. I was suppose to receive an update in Jan of 22' but we all are aware no update came. I'm not a martyr, but they have definitely screwed people over, not stuck to their work, and delivered trucks to those with the higher mark up... for what reason we can only assume is to increase profitability of those who they are screwing over.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
When did you switch to Large pack? It can take months for you to be bumped up in line after switching from Max, giving an opportunity for those with your exact config to get theirs before you despite ordering later.

Another theory is that’s because (1) their config was different from yours, (2) they already confirmed and had a guide assigned, and (3) there was a truck at the SC that matched their config exactly and didn’t get delivered for whatever reason. If duration between VIN assignment and 8 steps was short, then they got matched with an already existing build, and if 8-steps to delivery was short, then the truck was already at the SC. This is how some people got their truck within weeks of getting matched with a vin. Basically, If your truck was built-to-order and shipped by rail from factory, that’s an instant 2+ month delay vs someone who got matched with a truck already at the SC.
I literally changed my order the next day after their email went out about the switch being an improvement in delivery estimates, they never stated in Nov of 2020 that Max pack would be completely deprioritized nor did they at that time say Adventure orders would be mixed with LE, ther was nor clear information at that time. Funny VSG thinks Rivian hasn't screwed up their delivery process nor delivered later reservation holders.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
I literally changed my order the next day after their email went out about the switch being an improvement in delivery estimates, they never stated in Nov of 2020 that Max pack would be completely deprioritized nor did they at that time say Adventure orders would be mixed with LE, ther was nor clear information at that time. Funny VSG thinks Rivian hasn't screwed up their delivery process nor delivered later reservation holders.
Can anyone on this forum vouch that in 2020 Rivian clearly communicated in any form that choice would be deprioritized till 2024'.... if ever? Nope... that information was definitely not available at that time, and not until Dec of 2021 did they send emails informing Max Pack pre-orders of their situation, and at that time I immediately switched, and rightfully so, I should have jumped the queue of those Large pack orders after my Nov 2020 order as that information was not made available to me when I made my order in Nov of 2020, I definitely would have changed my order to a Large pack.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

It sounds like the person in your area that unjustly took their delivery first had a different config? Why look for insidious motives when thats clearly one of the main factors affecting delivery timing—especially if that person matched with an orphan build that was already at the SC.

Sponsored

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
It sounds like the person in your area that unjustly took their delivery first had a different config? Why look for insidious motives when thats clearly one of the main factors affecting delivery timing—especially if that person matched with an orphan build that was already at the SC.
Same config minus the rim choice (difference was AT dark vs AT silver, and had they offered me theirs I would have taken it) isn't an orphan build... I went through the list and there are only 3 LE that were delivered in all of California after me that weren't the ocean coast interior (and we know those delays were real), so I "jumped" the queue for those 3 people's LE, which isn't really a thing since they were building Adventures and LEs weren't offered to me via the store, I got my truck in Aug of 22' because I took one that wasn't my original configuration at that time.

The forums are littered with other stories of people not upset with those that got their in 22' that matched their config or pretty close, but due to the transparency. I spoke with Rivian to help explain said reason and they couldn't give me a real reason. People here has said its the service center location, but given these data points that's clearly not the case. The obvious explanation is one of 2... 1) Rivian is incompetent (valid point) or 2)they prioritized higher priced vehicles with said price change... search around and there are definitely additional accounts as to far later reservation holders getting their trucks, what other explanation could there be? I'm all ears. But for VSG to think I wasn't screwed over is just plain stupid, and their only excuse is "other people got more screwed over" doesn't mean I wasn't.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Same config minus the rim choice (difference was AT dark vs AT silver, and had they offered me theirs I would have taken it) isn't an orphan build... I went through the list and there are only 3 LE that were delivered in all of California after me that weren't the ocean coast interior (and we know those delays were real), so I "jumped" the queue for those 3 people's LE, which isn't really a thing since they were building Adventures and LEs weren't offered to me via the store, I got my truck in Aug of 22' because I took one that wasn't my original configuration at that time.

The forums are littered with other stories of people not upset with those that got their in 22' that matched their config or pretty close, but due to the transparency. I spoke with Rivian to help explain said reason and they couldn't give me a real reason. People here has said its the service center location, but given these data points that's clearly not the case. The obvious explanation is one of 2... 1) Rivian is incompetent (valid point) or 2)they prioritized higher priced vehicles with said price change... search around and there are definitely additional accounts as to far later reservation holders getting their trucks, what other explanation could there be? I'm all ears. But for VSG to think I wasn't screwed over is just plain stupid, and their only excuse is "other people got more screwed over" doesn't mean I wasn't.
The thread's title is completely valid ... those post price increase have jumped the queue and Rivian has not given any valid explanation, service center local is complete BS. I'm adding another data point, definitely those jumped the queue in front of me (hence the perception of being screwed over), i'm not upset at those owners BTW... Rivian is to blame. I didn't even have access to the store before those with other configurations had taken delivery with orders well after mine. Their system was not thought out well enough to make me happy with them as a company, they made a great truck and unique, happy in that regard. As i've chimed in other forums, would I pay the markup of now $93k for my config + no rebate for their truck... answer is a firm hell no.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
The thread's title is completely valid ... those post price increase have jumped the queue and Rivian has not given any valid explanation, service center local is complete BS. I'm adding another data point, definitely those jumped the queue in front of me (hence the perception of being screwed over), i'm not upset at those owners BTW... Rivian is to blame. I didn't even have access to the store before those with other configurations had taken delivery with orders well after mine. Their system was not thought out well enough to make me happy with them as a company, they made a great truck and unique, happy in that regard. As i've chimed in other forums, would I pay the markup of now $93k for my config + no rebate for their truck... answer is a firm hell no.
To that affect - one of the first Adventures to be delivered on the forums here was in Nebraska.... first service centers were in SF, Brooklyn, Washington, LA (El Segundo, 2 hour drive from me), and Normal illinois.... let that sink in. Service Center location while it might have been a contribution into your delivery position in the queue it is definitely not a deal breaker given this information.

ramenmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35, Honda Odyssey
I'm not singling you out because this has been the theme of this thread, but it's funny when those who were not impacted negatively tell those who were impacted negatively how they should feel. In your case and all of the other LA Silver that were initially 2024, I'm glad they did the right thing and pulled you all forward. I'm all in favor of Rivian doing what they need to do to survive, but I'm also acutely aware that it could mean they abandon the pre-march pricing at some point down the road if market conditions are bad enough. Being pushed out 6 months into next year is not very comforting.
I have a quad motor LA Silver R1S 10/21 pre-order and I was definitely not pulled forward. I had the 2024 date in October, now July-Dec 2024. I'm in the Bay Area so not a SC distance thing. Probably bumped back because I don't have any added options other than the AT wheels and the wall charger...

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
"According to who?" that early orderers are pissed?
Yeah, you're right. No one is pissed. :rolleyes:
Actually, I'm not too thrilled. Preordered one of each in Sept. 2019, most recent delivery estimate was Sept-Dec. 2022, got bumped to July-Dec. 2024 because I live in Montana and maybe also because of early pricing. I wish they would just tell me I'm never getting a Rivian.

Sponsored

QGessner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired

vin130

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
I'm one of the real lucky ones I guess. Preorder Jan 22. had an estimate of March-April 23. Last week they offered me the shop and today the car is at Naples Auto Armor for PPF and ceramic coating. What a ride!!

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I had a pre-March order and made exactly zero configuration changes since pre-March. I also have the Bellevue SC < 80 miles away. I took delivery months before all the estimates that were communicated to me.

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
Pre-ordered 11/11/20. Can't even remember how many slips... Current slip From Feb-Mar 23 to May-June 23. Really think I will get it then? NOPE. I have no doubt it will slip again... At this point, yeah I am frustrated.

donaldbyrd

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S Adventure Pack, '22 Volvo v60 CC
10/31/21 order date. RS limestone 21” wheels OC interior. My estimate date went from 4th quarter of 23 to Jan-jun of 24. I am 15 minutes from a SC. I’m not pissed. Just gives me more time to save so I can avoid a loan AND it gives Rivian time to get better at production. And I get to be entertained by all you great people in this forum! Safe travels and good health to all!
I love this post. Thanks for the humor and the practical outlook. I'm a reservation holder form 3/2020. My original deliver window was over a year ago and it's been pushed twice. The last update didn't push out further, it narrowed it in a bit. To be honest, between the car we sold in prep for the first window... and ended up getting a new car because we don't trust these estimates anymore, the stock losses and the eye-roll every time this company announces something other than fulfilling its backlog (e.g. E-bikes...), I need help focusing on the "bright side" in all these delays.

FWIW; A lot of folks are upset and when they post their thoughts, they seem to get shamed. I hear you. I share your frustration. And, it's ok to be upset by all this. How you choose to move forward is your choice. Do what's best for what you want, what your finances allow and what best suits your situation. We're going to stick it out on our end. That doesn't mean we can't be critical of how it's going. Consumers, especially anyone that's invested any of their money into a pre-order or the stock, is in fact entitled to be critical. That's how the dance works. That's also how young companies get better.
Sponsored