First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
And what he says is often appalling. And the Tesla fanbois brush it aside saying that's not what he meant. But as you say, that IS what he really thinks.
What Elon says may be appalling to you or appealing to you, depending upon how you interpret it. But here's the thing: Nobody really cares what you think, when Elon speaks, hundreds of millions of people hear it.

Maybe that's why he has the best-selling car in the world this year.

It always baffles me when people argue against success. They say he's ruining demand for his cars by saying controversial things, but the numbers don't lie.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
What Elon says may be appalling to you or appealing to you, depending upon how you interpret it. But here's the thing: Nobody really cares what you think, when Elon speaks, hundreds of millions of people hear it.

It always baffles me when people argue against success. They say he's ruining demand for his cars by saying controversial things, but the numbers don't lie.
What he says is appalling to any human being with a brain and a pulse.

I didn't say anything about what he has accomplished. That's not in question.

Mengele determined some interesting things about human physiology. Regardless, that doesn't mean we should celebrate his accomplishments.

Yes, I know, by Internet rules I just lost this argument.

Sponsored

A Land Rover Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, PorscheGTS, BMWi3, Tacoma Crew

Who cares how successful you are... when your a KOOK your a KOOK!

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
Who cares how successful you are... when your a KOOK your a KOOK!
Just realize that saying Elon is a "kook" doesn't make it so.

It's only your opinion. Some people think if they say something enough times and get enough other people to say the same thing enough times, that it will make it true.

The kind of success Elon has had, in so many diverse arenas, tells me that he has more of a handle on reality than his detractors do when they try to bring him down to their level.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I rented a 2022 Porsche Panamera 4S platinum edition for a week last month and now I’m in week 2 of a 2023 Audi. Neither are anywhere near the interior quality of the R1T, which is pretty shocking considering how much more expensive that Panamera is. I’d undoubtedly call Rivian a luxury vehicle.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I spent nearly 100k on a car and now it’s considered luxury. Let me have what solace it gives me!!

PS: I am actually still just a reservation holder

Zeus

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, VW id4
Just realize that saying Elon is a "kook" doesn't make it so.

It's only your opinion. Some people think if they say something enough times and get enough other people to say the same thing enough times, that it will make it true.

The kind of success Elon has had, in so many diverse arenas, tells me that he has more of a handle on reality than his detractors do when they try to bring him down to their level.
Ok, I'm going to bite. Nobody is denying that the kook is wealthy (if that's how you define success). Heck, he is probably worth more than all of us on the forum, combined. Does that mean he is not eccentric? Being wealthy and being a kook are not mutually exclusive (matter of fact, they seem to be linked in most cases).
While he may have had some success, he has also had some failures (the tunnel, solar roof, bricks, etc). Alas, he is not perfect! He bleeds like the rest of us. So, he is just another mortal who is subject to the many failures of the human condition.
So yes, he is wealthy, but also a kook. Just how I see it.
And no, I don't want him at my level. There's too many of us here, we don't need a kook.

Sponsored

Zeus

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, VW id4
Ok, I'm going to bite. Nobody is denying that the kook is wealthy (if that's how you define success). Heck, he is probably worth more than all of us on the forum, combined. Does that mean he is not eccentric? Being wealthy and being a kook are not mutually exclusive (matter of fact, they seem to be linked in most cases).
While he may have had some success, he has also had some failures (the tunnel, solar roof, bricks, etc). Alas, he is not perfect! He bleeds like the rest of us. So, he is just another mortal who is subject to the many failures of the human condition.
And no, I don't want him at my level. There's too many of us here, we don't need a kook.
By the way, I have the US News and World Report 2024 luxury car and space Karen doesn't. Who's more successful now?

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Here’s the thing… Rivian gave us the gear tunnel with optional camp kitchen, while Rolls gave us a “recreation module” for the Cullinan.

Personally, I’d find the gear tunnel and optional camp kitchen far more useful.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian has some luxury features, but I don't consider it a "Luxury Brand". To me, that term implies a lot more than a few nice features. It has to be all encompassing - features, fit, finish, sales experience, service experience, etc. - ALL going above and beyond the mainstream brands. Rivian as a brand doesn't compete.

fredgass

First Name
Frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T 2022
Occupation
Musician/Producer
It's nice to be recognized but we already knew Rivian is the BEST CAR EVER!!
Yes but I’m still having my issues with my displays not working. So service outside the US should be their concern because people are going to buy Rivian all over the world and they’re going to need service and if they don’t do something about it, people are going to repair their cars themselves with their computer. Being in despair.. So I believe I need an AXM controller for my display. My Rivian and I living outside the US. 🤔

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Fred,

Respectfully, you knew what you were getting into. Rivian doesn't sell vehicles outside the US and Canada because they know they can't support them and because these vehicles are not certified to operate outside the US and Canada. In time this will change. But it's unreasonable to expect a new car manufacturer to support all locations worldwide. If you insist on buying in the US then taking it to a country where Rivian has no support, you are on your own. And especially if you let your vehicle's HV battery go to 0% because you did not ship the vehicle properly. I'm not blaming you for trying, but likewise you should not blame Rivian when they can't provide support in your country.
Sponsored