First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
Does anybody know if I can use the charger if it is not paired?
Doesn't do much good to pair it anyway, the app is just about brain dead.

Mbxmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T White with 22s
Occupation
Construction
Interesting. Do your wall chargers just have the red light on solid? Or do yours do something else after they go into pairing mode and are not connected to?

blkfxstc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Interesting. Do your wall chargers just have the red light on solid? Or do yours do something else after they go into pairing mode and are not connected to?
Mine is in a detached shop, so there is not a WiFi to pair to, so it does not try. It is white while not charging, green while charging. I have not seen a red light yet.

Sponsored

Mbxmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T White with 22s
Occupation
Construction
Mine is in a detached shop, so there is not a WiFi to pair to, so it does not try. It is white while not charging, green while charging. I have not seen a red light yet.
Thanks for the help guys. Rivian is going to send out an installer and a new wall charger. They think there is something wrong with the charger. Will let you guys know what happens.

MrSandman

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
These are good points! I have the Rivian charger on a 60amp circuit #6 wire and I’ve seen around 11.1 kw charge rate. I went from around 29%~70% in little less than 4hrs I believe. Not bad at all!

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Is there any particular reason you will want the charger with you every time you leave the house? If you're just running errands or commuting to work, why not just leave the portable charger at home? Just bring it with you for trips.

As an alternative, if you have a 14-50 outlet already (or are going to install one), you could get one of the 3rd party 40A chargers that uses a 14-50 outlet.
I owned a Tesla for 6 years and can count the number of times I used my portable charger outside of my home on one hand. I mostly just left it plugged into the NEMA 14-50 I installed in my garage all the time.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
My Rivian wall box arrived last week and I had a chance to install it this morning. I replaced a Juicebox 40 that was plugged into a Nema 14~50. Direct wired it to a 60amp circuit. Pulling 11kW. Very easy install.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian home wall electrical conector. 83E2D4EF-8765-4C8D-9AB3-179C14D148DD

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
HA, I just got your username/occupation connection.

Man, I'm slow.

Sponsored

ipadl

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
R&D
Yes (my electrician had never seen this charger before). Make sure you connect the cable to the face plate...
Mine is also not allowing for connection via bluetooth in the same way. I've tried two devices but, admittedly, they are both Android devices. When you say "connect the cable to the face plate" are you talking about the cable pictured in my attachment?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian home wall electrical conector. 20220428_170332_LI

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Mine is also not allowing for connection via bluetooth in the same way. I've tried two devices but, admittedly, they are both Android devices. When you say "connect the cable to the face plate" are you talking about the cable pictured in my attachment?

20220428_170332_LI.jpg
Yes.

ipadl

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
R&D
I ran into this exactly same problem with the same light show on the charger. When I found this thread I found the info saying to connect the wire to the front panel. I opened the box (breaker off) and indeed - the wire was not connected. I'm assuming that the bluetooth and wifi radios are built into the circuit board that is attached to the front panel and that's why it never showed up in my app.

Even if yours is connected it might be worth disconnecting and reconnecting to make sure the connector is seated fully. This connection completely solved my problem.

I had my wall charger installed yesterday. I would initiate the pairing but it would not connect to my phone. The light would pulse white for about. 3 minutes and I was 1 foot away from it with my phone but the app would state it could not find the charger. Then the light would go solid red. Anybody have this experience?
Thanks

Mbxmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T White with 22s
Occupation
Construction
I ran into this exactly same problem with the same light show on the charger. When I found this thread I found the info saying to connect the wire to the front panel. I opened the box (breaker off) and indeed - the wire was not connected. I'm assuming that the bluetooth and wifi radios are built into the circuit board that is attached to the front panel and that's why it never showed up in my app.

Even if yours is connected it might be worth disconnecting and reconnecting to make sure the connector is seated fully. This connection completely solved my problem.
Rivian sent me a new charger and it worked fine. Got a bad charger the first time.
Sponsored