Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Dear Sarah,

Welcome to Rivian and the Rivian Community. I think you will find that the customer base is deeply passionate about the Rivian brand and mission - to empower environmentally responsible adventurism.

Now, for the love of god and everything sacred, please tell me when I can configure the R1T that I have been waiting for since the LA Auto Show with a power tonneau cover.

Please.

Pretty Please.

Love,

Sassquatch
I'm sure you already know the answer.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Rivian R1S quad motor
Source: https://electrek.co/2023/06/30/rivian-hires-former-tesla-apple-exec-lead-communications/

June 30, 2023

Electric vehicle maker Rivian (RIVN) hired Sarah O’Brien to lead the company’s communications efforts on Friday. O’Brien previously served as vice president of communications at Tesla during the launch of the Model 3 and at Apple before that for a critical eight-year stretch.

Tesla hired O’Brien in September 2016 as vice president of communication, serving until August 2017 during the launch of the Model 3, Solar Roof, and Tesla Semi Truck.

Before her two-year stint at Tesla, O’Brien worked for over eight years at Apple, leading communications for the Apple Watch (which now has over two billion active users) in addition to launches for the global iPhone, iPad, App Store, and the iTunes Music Festival.

Most recently, O’Brien spent the last four years at Meta as vice president of executive and product communications.

O’Brien starts her position as chief communications officer at Rivian, starting June 30, 2023. Commenting on her new role, the new communications leader said:

Her new responsibilities at Rivian will include overseeing the EV maker’s communications efforts, including products (like the upcoming R2), consumer (managing brand reputation), internal (informing employees on updates), and corporate communications (media and public relations).
As far as I can discern, the communications role at Tesla consists of sending out poop emojis - Wait, that's Twitter. So then just saying an occasional "What Elon just said." Why in the world would she had taken that job?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
As far as I can discern, the communications role at Tesla consists of sending out poop emojis - Wait, that's Twitter. So then just saying an occasional "What Elon just said." Why in the world would she had taken that job?
At one time Tesla actually had a PR department, they got rid of it the end of 2020.

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I'm the new Rivian CCO. Not only do I write long sentences that say special things in the first half of the sentence but I also can add interesting things in the last half of the sentence too. Rivian has many chapters to go and in this chapter I'm happy to be helping write the chapter while future chapters will be also written partly by me along with other chapters. Can't wait to help drive meaningful change (wink).

Sheesh

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I hope she does well. As we all know...the design and engineering team hit some serious home runs with the product. Manufacturing has done pretty well, but at least in my opinion, could be doing a bit better on the Kaisen continuous improvement thing. And service....need to open up the checkbook and expand that thing fast and furious.

So she has a difficult task of communicating all that in a positive way that results in growth without any control over those very items that are the challenges.

I wish her the best....this company and the R1s are so amazing. But I don't think they can live on an amazing product alone, so now is time to get the other stuff in line and communicate it all well!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Source: https://electrek.co/2023/06/30/rivian-hires-former-tesla-apple-exec-lead-communications/

June 30, 2023

Electric vehicle maker Rivian (RIVN) hired Sarah O’Brien to lead the company’s communications efforts on Friday. O’Brien previously served as vice president of communications at Tesla during the launch of the Model 3 and at Apple before that for a critical eight-year stretch.

Tesla hired O’Brien in September 2016 as vice president of communication, serving until August 2017 during the launch of the Model 3, Solar Roof, and Tesla Semi Truck.

Before her two-year stint at Tesla, O’Brien worked for over eight years at Apple, leading communications for the Apple Watch (which now has over two billion active users) in addition to launches for the global iPhone, iPad, App Store, and the iTunes Music Festival.

Most recently, O’Brien spent the last four years at Meta as vice president of executive and product communications.

O’Brien starts her position as chief communications officer at Rivian, starting June 30, 2023. Commenting on her new role, the new communications leader said:

Her new responsibilities at Rivian will include overseeing the EV maker’s communications efforts, including products (like the upcoming R2), consumer (managing brand reputation), internal (informing employees on updates), and corporate communications (media and public relations).
Well, communications at Rivian can only improve.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I'm the new Rivian CCO. Not only do I write long sentences that say special things in the first half of the sentence but I also can add interesting things in the last half of the sentence too. Rivian has many chapters to go and in this chapter I'm happy to be helping write the chapter while future chapters will be also written partly by me along with other chapters. Can't wait to help drive meaningful change (wink).

Sheesh
B- for omitting the requisite references to ADVENTUROUS and/or FOREVER.

Next CCO, please.

Sponsored

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Who is she replacing?
I assume it is a new position. Rivian did not communicate in the past...least not with me. I live in NC and am and old pricing customer so nobody is allowed to give e answers

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Dear Sarah,

Welcome to Rivian and the Rivian Community. I think you will find that the customer base is deeply passionate about the Rivian brand and mission - to empower environmentally responsible adventurism.

Now, for the love of god and everything sacred, please tell me when I can configure the R1T that I have been waiting for since the LA Auto Show with a power tonneau cover.

Please.

Pretty Please.

Love,

Sassquatch
I spent some time thinking about her response and after carefully choosing the buzzwords, modulating the tone, and providing just enough detail I think it’ll be something like this*:

Dear SASSquatch,

No.

Kind Regards,
Sarah

*For your sake, I hope she does better.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I will miss Tony’s Friday very cogent email updates.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Guy