Sponsored

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have been investing for a long while and not once bought an IPO (for better or worse). I'll probably buy this one after reading the S-1, and might go heavy or light depending.

I like to buy company's that I like w/ regards to their tech, timing, team stack - Rivian appears to fit that bill so a buy. How much usually calculated by some financial calculus...one area where I don't like automotive is margins and lack of recurring revenue/"services"...we'll see excited to read the S-1

Anyone else worried the IPO is going to be overpriced when it first comes out? I've never bought an IPO but I dabble in Stocks and plan on buying once its available.
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Context the sentence above is mentioning the 400mile version of the vehicle so yes R1S 400 mile is still TBD :

The R1T pickup is slated to go into limited production this month and
boasts 400 miles of driving range. The company will build the truck and
the R1S, which has been delayed indefinitely, at a former Mitsubishi
Motors Corp. plant in Normal, Illinois.
If that's the case then the author is still incorrect, since the 400 mile range R1T isn't scheduled to go into production until at least January.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

If that's the case then the author is still incorrect, since the 400 mile range R1T isn't scheduled to go into production until at least January.

Yea I think the whole thing is filled full of errors so wouldn't take it for its worth really besides a headline lol.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I suspect it is nothing more than a poor choice of words. Since Rivian has not announced a specific month the R1S should be released, an appropriate statement would be "...R1S, which has been delayed until an unspecified month this fall." Delayed indefinitely implies no current plan to produce it, which could not be further from the truth.
“Delayed Indefinitely” is more like what GM did with Nikola!

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
It's wise to take a lesson from Tesla here and remember the short sellers holding a position and couching their opinions in pushing for a loss. We wont have a Nikola here as there will be a real product with real people driving them every day. There are sure to be issues, hopefully all addressable via OTA, which the shorts will exacerbate in their reporting. Never invest with your heart, look at the performance profile and projected potential. An $80,000,000,000 initial valuation seems just a bit optimistic.

Sponsored

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
got my funding in place, ready for when they hit the market. what's the symbol going to be? RIV

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I am excited for a Rivian IPO and stock, no doubt about it! This is great news.

To be honest this coming about right on the heels of the preorder first drive event kinda makes sense, because now there's a little less speculation on their vehicles. But the fact that as of now the R1T and R1S aren't in driver hands, let alone major auto/EV reviewers hands drives my enthusiasm a bit down.

If the R1T is out and then their stock comes, I'm in full bore, but if vehicles are still elusive and little is known to preorder holders let alone the general public, then I'm in "half bore" ?

Regardless, I'm gonna buy... But questions is how much?

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
This should be reassuring for anyone who was worried that Rivian wouldn't meet their Sept delivery date. They are definitely going to have cars in customers' driveways before they IPO.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think author is incorrect is a redundant these days.

I can't remember the last time I read an article that did not have an error, maybe the 70's.....

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance

Sponsored

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
Any chance launch edition preorder holders get a crack at pre-ipo?? Would be an awesome perk.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Delivering their first vehicles to customers AND IPOing within only a few months. That is extremely bullish on Rivian's part. Agreed with @CarterGee that this should give folks confidence that they're going to deliver. Attempting to IPO a couple of months after missing your biggest (first? only?) product launch would be a complete PR disaster if not truly problematic to the financials of the company.

So yea ... I think its quite safe to say we'll be seeing Trucks in customers hands s--shortly.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anyone else worried the IPO is going to be overpriced when it first comes out? I've never bought an IPO but I dabble in Stocks and plan on buying once its available.
I've bought quite a few IPOs. If the market feels the company is overvalued, sometimes they go up for the first few minutes and then the price comes crashing down. I'm anticipating this happening to the Rivian stock at the 80b valuation since they probably won't have delivered very many vehicles by the IPO date.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I've bought quite a few IPOs. If the market feels the company is overvalued, sometimes they go up for the first few minutes and then the price comes crashing down. I'm anticipating this happening to the Rivian stock at the 80m valuation since they probably won't have delivered very many vehicles by the IPO date.

CCIV/LCID lol