Tom
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
Anyone have ideas, preferences, or thoughts on roof options? Clear glass vs electrochromic vs two-piece removable composite roof and vs standard fixed roof?

Guess i'm most interested in pros cons of fixed vs electrochromic more than other options.

EyeOnRivian

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
equal to that or more important, is the test drive. With the shelter-in-place I cannot see that happening soon
Ah yes, the test drive. Easily one of my top 3 or 4 checklist items. But I've had to change my expectation of when that will occur for some time now as Rivian stated some time ago this will not occur until just before they launch. As far as I'm aware this has not changed. Even their website in the FAQ section still states:

"Do you offer test drives?

Not yet, but we can’t wait to get you behind the wheel. We’ll be offering test drives closer to our launch at the end of 2020.
"​

Now with the shutdown delaying the launch, I wouldn't be surprised if test drives also get pushed into 2021. If it happens sooner, great, but for now I've shifted my expectation accordingly ... mainly for the sake of sanity.

EyeOnRivian

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
Anyone have ideas, preferences, or thoughts on roof options? Clear glass vs electrochromic vs two-piece removable composite roof and vs standard fixed roof?

Guess i'm most interested in pros cons of fixed vs electrochromic more than other options.
If you haven't already you might want to check out these threads. IIRC there were a fair amount of opinions expressed.