OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Whelp, we're officially 2 weeks away from the end of Summer, the promised deadline for releasing the configurator. I know they've been using different language lately ("later this year"), but it's snowing in Denver today after being 95 degrees yesterday, so I'm just confused and anxious :)

Who thinks they'll have it out by Sept 22nd, and who doesn't?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Yeah, I've lost hope for the configurator later this month... at least tomorrow well have some announcements for the Lucid. Long way up starts on the 18th and battery day is on the 22nd.
Not exactly the same thing, but this month will be exiting non the less.

Also, did anyone here get a call or email from a Rivian rep? Someone supposedly got to chat with one:
"So on Friday I had the most exciting and interesting meeting. I had a Rivian employee reach out to do an interview of me to take my story and pass it along to the other Rivian employees to keep them motivated for the people they are building the rigs for and make it more personal. I have NO idea how I got picked, but it was great to talk to them, share my excitement and some thoughts (especially since I haven't been able to see it in person.... thanks COVID), and explain what I plan to use it for... like camping and many weekends on Ski Patrol. :)"
"It was very unexpected and lots of fun. Since they wanted to learn about me and my family, we chatted about how my family would use the R1S. We also talked about why buying our first EV was important, what other ways are we trying to improve the environment, why Rivian instead of another brand. TBH, I know my rig will get here someday, so I didn’t ask about the delivery. But we did talk about service, and what my ideal situation would be for service. I also asked her to do a video on the interior of the rigs. Yes, I can watch videos of the trucks plowing through snow and sand, but I’m only getting glimpses of the interior, and she thought that was a good idea. We ended with how much she loves working there, great culture, great people and exciting company, I couldn’t agree more!"

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Honestly, at the rate they’ve been pushing back the configurator release, we probably won’t see it until after the cars have already been delivered

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
we probably won’t see it until after the cars have already been delivered
That's getting just a little bit to pessimistic. Buck up, the glass is half full.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
That's getting just a little bit to pessimistic. Buck up, the glass is half full.
It was a joke. Wouldn't be able to deliver vehicles if they weren't configured first. ;)

Reactions: Rad

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I think it will be released in the Fall sometime. Kind of reminds me of Microsoft and Sony announcing their console release date and price, just a generic sometime in the holiday 2020!

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
Well we will definitely have to "see" all the options available before knowing how to configure our rigs. Have they not put enough vehicles together yet for us to even see how they look in various trims ? I am most interested to see how the interior is coming out. Have they changed much from the prototypes and just how many appearance and other options will be available to choose from. I for one may not like the wood trim they show or at least like to have a white wood option. Then of course what exterior colors will be available. And lets talk about price soon please. I would like to see it adjusted downward with the $69K being the top of the line battery especially since that might get more Rivians and less Ganja trucks being seen on the road.
Sponsored