Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
We haven’t heard much so I’m guessing here:

even if we can see colors “live” on a vehicle it’ll only be at a handful of Rivian showrooms (if you can get to one) and I’m getting the feeling that won’t be before LE orders are getiting locked in.

“Speed shapes” cost probably less than $0.50 and they could send a full set of these to LE customers (or let us pick our top 3 colors) so we can really gauge what it looks like?

I bought my Tesla without a test drive, and it was fine. Rivian has had some good folks working on this and I’m confident I’ll be happy with the ride etc. but I feel like color I’m guessing at through a rendering is something I’m going to have to live with.

Seems like they could turn out these samples (even outsource it to their paint supplier) relatively easily and cheaply?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors (idea for samples) FE41A68D-4B13-4D16-8978-9685E96D1D81

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors (idea for samples) 026289A7-8E92-4BCE-B7AD-4101DA5FD1C6
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
And while they are at it, provide fabric samples for the interior.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Those work well for simple colors like black, white or gray, but for the unique colors it’s so hard to tell how it would look on a large vehicle. However, at this point, I’ll take anything.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
If I remember correctly, there was a post somewhere that had a chat with Customer Service. They said they were trying to figure out how to get samples o people that was eco-friendly.
Something else to consider is that a small paint 'chip' does not always represent the true color.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
If I remember correctly, there was a post somewhere that had a chat with Customer Service. They said they were trying to figure out how to get samples o people that was eco-friendly.
Something else to consider is that a small paint 'chip' does not always represent the true color.
Eco-friendly? Well send one of the Amazon vans around to all of us, geez that is lame.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I remember going to a dealership in the 80’s and you pulled a brochure on a specific car/truck from the display tree you liked and it had the actual metallic or flat paint sample on the last page. We’ve gone way too far on this “eco-friendly” stuff.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
New article in NYT on best colors for resale value. Synopsis = it's complicated.
Beige on an S.U.V. Will Cost You, but for Pickups It’s Golden

This little tidbit will make team-yellow fans happy:
" Yet iSeeCars data shows yellow retained the most value over all. An overwhelming 30 percent of cars on dealers’ lots are white, followed by 19 percent for both black and gray and 10 percent for silver. "

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
New article in NYT on best colors for resale value. Synopsis = it's complicated.
Beige on an S.U.V. Will Cost You, but for Pickups It’s Golden

This little tidbit will make team-yellow fans happy:
" Yet iSeeCars data shows yellow retained the most value over all. An overwhelming 30 percent of cars on dealers’ lots are white, followed by 19 percent for both black and gray and 10 percent for silver. "
This quote comes a little further into the article:
It’s the law of supply and demand. “It’s not that yellow is a popular color. It’s that yellow is popular in relation to how many people want it,” Mr. Brauer said.
Translation... the 5 people in the used car market that want yellow are willing to pay a premium to get one of the 3 yellow cars. :)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
We’re not a big team, but we sure are committed!
BTW, I wore a yellow shirt today in your honor. Meant to give a shoutout to Team Yellow when we recorded, but totally forgot...

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I posted this image months ago.... I think this is what Launch Green will look like (Fathom green).
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors (idea for samples) Fathom
Sponsored