Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 VW Vanagon
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

Same here. I’m wondering if it’s because there is no dedicated Rivian app for Apple Watch?

You may also have to un-pair and re-pair your apple watch to get it to work. My custom shortcuts wouldn't show up on the watch until I'd done that but YMMV.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not sure what they managed to break here. Charging 120V@24A right now. Used to get a somewhat useful kW displayed. These widgets are still super wonky when you have multiple vehicles and swap between them.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian App 2.4.0 available 1000002143

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Proximity unlock seems to have improved. Anyone else notice?

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
So here’s my new apple watch face setup with all the shortcuts I might use.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian App 2.4.0 available incoming-82485F75-6BEC-4FE9-9AED-0287FC69DAA6

I suppose I could also setup an automation to change to this watch face from 7:00 am to 9:00 am so that I can use this face in the mornings as I depart from work. I can then set another automation to change the watch face back to my standard one at 9:00 am.

I have similar automation around lunch time that changes my watch face to fitness activities as a form of motivation.

I now carry a fob, have the key card in the wallet, use phone as a key, and now…. This… It feels a bit like overkill.

Sponsored

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I have the 13 Pro and don’t see any of this either
They must have implemented some sort of feature flags and A/B testing. I suddenly got the new vehicle status UI stuff today after a day of not having it after upgrade. It’s likely part of their testing and rollout strategy. Anyways, that’s my explanation of why I initially didn’t have new UI and later did without any changes on my end.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I got it to work thanks to Riv_Goat in their post on page 5. "Make sure you enable for use on you watch by hitting the “i” in the shortcuts app on your phone and then toggle the button to “Show on Apple Watch”
Thank you! Learning Apple Shortcuts is not for the faint of heart!

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not sure what they managed to break here. Charging 120V@24A right now. Used to get a somewhat useful kW displayed. These widgets are still super wonky when you have multiple vehicles and swap between them.
1000002143.png
@Dark-Fx: what is the thermometer icon at the top of the app screen indicate?

I’ve never seen that before myself…

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

@Dark-Fx: what is the thermometer icon at the top of the app screen indicate?

I’ve never seen that before myself…
Swipe the context menu sideways and it displays the current temperature. I think it might be trying to indicate that the temperature is low currently (I want to say it said the cabin was 46F). After doing a remote preconditioning it's a fan icon instead, and after the vehicle has warmed up and I turn off remote preconditioning, it isn't displayed anymore.

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Swipe the context menu sideways and it displays the current temperature. I think it might be trying to indicate that the temperature is low currently (I want to say it said the cabin was 46F). After doing a remote preconditioning it's a fan icon instead, and after the vehicle has warmed up and I turn off remote preconditioning, it isn't displayed anymore.
Thanks that’s interesting. We’re just hitting below freezing temps this week so I guess I have that icon in my near future too….

Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
So here’s my new apple watch face setup with all the shortcuts I might use.

incoming-82485F75-6BEC-4FE9-9AED-0287FC69DAA6.png

I suppose I could also setup an automation to change to this watch face from 7:00 am to 9:00 am so that I can use this face in the mornings as I depart from work. I can then set another automation to change the watch face back to my standard one at 9:00 am.

I have similar automation around lunch time that changes my watch face to fitness activities as a form of motivation.

I now carry a fob, have the key card in the wallet, use phone as a key, and now…. This… It feels a bit like overkill.
that is very cool. I wasnt sure that would work if there wasnt a supported watch app....good to know...

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Thanks that’s interesting. We’re just hitting below freezing temps this week so I guess I have that icon in my near future too….
80’s in LA still my truck is up to 130 in the sun sitting at the service center!

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
The update adds good functionality but has made PAAK responsiveness MUCH worse. It’s generally been pretty good for me in the past but I basically have to pull out my phone and open the app to get it to unlock. Even then, it is slow to recognize that I still have a key once I’m in the truck. Might be better to hold off updating. iPhone 14 pro.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The update adds good functionality but has made PAAK responsiveness MUCH worse. It’s generally been pretty good for me in the past but I basically have to pull out my phone and open the app to get it to unlock. Even then, it is slow to recognize that I still have a key once I’m in the truck. Might be better to hold off updating. iPhone 14 pro.
I have a 14 Pro Max and I see no difference in PAAK performance on this update. Still works fine for me.