Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just ordered this RinseKit for my camping gear:

https://rinsekit.com/collections/limited-time-deals/products/rinsekit-pro-immersion-heater-bundle

To my surprise it fits in the gear tunnel or the front trunk. With 12V power near the gear tunnel or also in the frunk (for those so equipped). Comes with a small battery to run the pump. The heater comes with cables to power it from 12V outlets or the hitch connector.

I recently removed the pump and water heater out of the back of my camper so trying this as a replacement. The pump seems to work well but I will need more time to evaluate the heater. (note that the link is for the bundle but both are available separately).

Update: Thanks to the tip from @sean_k I returned the 12V heater from Rinsekit and bought the following immersion heater that works great in early testing:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CC96J635?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Rivian R1T R1S RinseKit and my R1T IMG_5742

Rivian R1T R1S RinseKit and my R1T IMG_5741
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

That’s pretty cool - especially the 4-6 month battery life.

I would fill it with bourbon.

k3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Robotics
I snagged one of these recently from Costco for a nice deal. No heater on mine, but it's still such a big upgrade from washing myself only with wet wipes on longer trips.

The pressure is high enough to get heavy mud off my mountain bike too while still at the trailhead, which is a big plus as well.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Your local Costco might have a pallet of RinseKit Pro models for $189.99. Not sure if I'm gonna keep the one I bought.
I snagged one of these recently from Costco for a nice deal. No heater on mine, but it's still such a big upgrade from washing myself only with wet wipes on longer trips.

The pressure is high enough to get heavy mud off my mountain bike too while still at the trailhead, which is a big plus as well.
That's a good price. Looks like with the heater being sold $180 separate it would still be cheaper at Costco. Haven't really tried the heater yet except confirming it pulled 120W. Hope to try it out this weekend.

Reactions: k3g

Sponsored

k3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Robotics
That's a good price. Looks like with the heater being sold $180 separate it would still be cheaper at Costco. Haven't really tried the heater yet except confirming it pulled 120W. Hope to try it out this weekend.
Lemme know how the heater goes. If it's worth it I might snag one too. I'll be using mine Mon-Weds of next week for an MTB trip.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

You heat up your bourbon?!

1000010696.gif
When you say it out loud like that it doesn’t sound as nice.

I guess I want the non-heating option for my bourbon shower.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

When you say it out loud like that it doesn’t sound as nice.

I guess I want the non-heating option for my bourbon shower.
Well apparently that is what Costco has, also sure you could buy a 3.5 gallon jug of bourbon there!

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Well apparently that is what Costco has, also sure you could buy a 3.5 gallon jug of bourbon there!
Lucky people that live in states where Costco can sell alcohol, but to your point, I probably don't need gallons of bourbon.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Lucky people that live in states where Costco can sell alcohol, but to your point, I probably don't need gallons of bourbon.
I think that's the 3rd step to sobriety. We're still 2 steps below the beginning, taking bourbon showers. Some heated, some room temp.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Big win for the rinsekit! Super muddy ride yesterday. Was able to spray off two bikes plus rinse off enough mud on us so we could change clothes. Bought a few weeks backs during the costco discount.
Don't like the handle. Best to fill while the box is already in the frunk

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
i have the rinse kit cube and it fits perfectly in the gear tunnel. i use a cheap $20 amazon immersion heater plugged into the 120v outlet and it heats up the water to 100° in about 10 minutes:

Immersion Water Heater, 1500W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B774K2JV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Great idea! Just ordered this one with 50% off
Immersion Water Heater, Electric Submersible Water Trough Heater 304 Stainless Steel Anti-scalding Bucket Heater & Tub Hot Water Portable Heater with Digital LCD Thermometer(Yellow) - Amazon.com

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

i have the rinse kit cube and it fits perfectly in the gear tunnel. i use a cheap $20 amazon immersion heater plugged into the 120v outlet and it heats up the water to 100° in about 10 minutes:

Immersion Water Heater, 1500W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B774K2JV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
This is a great idea. I used the Rinsekit heater and it does work but at 150W it takes hours instead of minutes. In a hurry I just boiled some water on my induction cooktop and poured it in.
Sponsored