First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Epic EVO, Epic HT
Occupation
Residential Architecture
That's good. Three years ago, I started out with the red and forest edge but after looking at the order for a couple of months, I changed it to CY with forest edge. As it turns out in this lottery, I did finally end up with CY ocean coast and dark ash wood.
CY with ocean coast is a great look. If it wasn’t for my messy young children, dogs, and dirt intensive hobbies we probably would have ended up with the same combo.
Sponsored

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
CY with ocean coast is a great look. If it wasn’t for my messy young children, dogs, and dirt intensive hobbies we probably would have ended up with the same combo.
We are planning on coming down your way as we have the ashes of my wife's aunt that need to be interned there in San Pedro. I see one of my favorite stops: Tied House Cafe and Brewery is permanently closed. Did Covid do them in?

Last edited:

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RE1T Adventure Porsche , Cayenne Se Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I ordered my R1T in Compass Yellow and picking it up next week . It is not the prettiest colour but I picked it because I thought that it would be easiest to spot from the air living in the Pacific Northwest (BC actually)where just about everything is green . never know when you might need help

sdasilva27

First Name
Sherrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Compass Yellow
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered my R1S in CY May 2022. My date has pushed to the right MANY times. It was supposed to be July/Aug 2023 most recently but because I moved 2 blocks away in April, I continue to have no date at all. I really hope they figure mine out soon.....

Quite a few Rivian, both R1T and R1S are popping up in my area but all are grey or green with the exception of one blue and one white.

kucanhead

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, RDX
Occupation
Software Engineer
I love my unicorn Compass Yellow, Forrest Edge R1T! One side benefit that I never considered when ordering is that I never lose my truck in the parking lot. I just look for the splash of yellow among the sea of white and grey.

Sponsored

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I wanted a CY for the longest time. LONGEST time. I thought that if I were ever fortunate enough to own a R1T, it'd be Compass Yellow. [The only potential way that idea would've vanished was in the unlikely event Rivian ever released an 'orange' option...]

Fast-forward and a lot of pragmatic decisions and negotiations with the wife later, and it came down to "Limestone is more responsible, let's go for that," and thus my configuration was born.

Then when I was granted access to the R1 Store, we changed our minds to allow probability to decide: "whichever is available first, Limestone with OC interior, or CY with OC interior, we go for it."

I happily own a Limestone with OC interior.

No regrets, but sometimes I see the CY and ... *bites lip* (do we do this here?)

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I love my unicorn Compass Yellow, Forrest Edge R1T! One side benefit that I never considered when ordering is that I never lose my truck in the parking lot. I just look for the splash of yellow among the sea of white and grey.
Dang, that was my initial order but it was un-allowed by Rivian last October (less than 2 months before my delivery in December). I'm happy with Compass Yellow / Ocean Coast though.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22” Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
According to Rivian Software:

BREAKING RIVIAN NEWS
- Rivian is discontinuing the Compass Yellow option for R1T and R1S
- Rivian is discontinuing the 20" All-terrain Bright wheel option
- Rivian is discontinuing the vegan leather interior option. Owners will only be able to get the version with wood.

So, what am I missing? No more vegan dash? What are they going to use instead? I must have missed that part.

SherpaDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C2S Cab, Ridgeline, Dakota SXT, Ram 50, R1T Or
Occupation
Consultant
Have CY R1T w 22" Sport Bright wheels, and assume I have vegan leather? Love it and regularly get compliments - happy to have something different ..

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Get the AT brights?!

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

So, what am I missing? No more vegan dash? What are they going to use instead? I must have missed that part.
Rivian is not discontinuing the vegan leather dash (at least not yet). I suspect that Reddit was first to publish the misinformation in an "Official Content" thread on 8/24, but later retracted and said, "not true.". Meanwhile Riviansoftware, Rivian Forums, etc. echoed the misinformation. Hard to put this stray cat back in the bag. But my guide confirmed to me yesterday that my R1S preorder with BM vegan leather accents/trim/dash will be built (delivery estimate TBD).

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RE1T Adventure Porsche , Cayenne Se Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Clubs

exactly

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Check out the colors that depreciate your vehicle overtime. I was surprised and it really had nothing to do with ordering my Road Sign Yellow. Vehicles with the slowest depreciation are the yellows.

Last edited:

Riv303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Got pics? Would love to see that combo

Reactions: sub

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
the news of compass yellow's demise is greatly exaggerated. plenty in the shop.
Sponsored