Sponsored

RED CANYON Rivian Photos

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Currently obsessed with RC + FE. Red is way more orange and FE is way more grey, I think its a sleeper combo.
FE and RC.jpg

No Christmas vibe with it? BM is just too bland to me, but want red and don't want to wait for OC.
ordering Anything “christmas style”(both red and green chiles) in New Mexico is one of the tastiest combinations going, so, logically, this works great
Sponsored

Last edited:

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
Currently obsessed with RC + FE. Red is way more orange and FE is way more grey, I think its a sleeper combo.
FE and RC.jpg
No Christmas vibe with it? BM is just too bland to me, but want red and don't want to wait for OC.
[/QUOTE]
It's too bad red/green=Christmas, because they look so good together. Maybe the Rivian RC and FE are different enough to get away with it, but I think the whole Christmas association makes it a non-starter for me.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm going RC/FE combo. It'll be sharp, but probably the least common combo of color options.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
So today at an EA station I encountered a Volvo C40 Recharge in ”Fusion Red”. My wife and I both thought it had a distinct burnt orange to it in full sun, which reminded me of the pic above. Does anyone have first hand comparison of RC and the Volvo color?
We saw an XC40 in that color (moments after seeing our first R1T). My wife said “I LOVE that color”. I’m hoping get her on board with Red Canyon, so I too am hoping they are a little similar.

aeroberner

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1T
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
When did you go? I am planning on checking it out this coming Saturday and am hoping it is still there. Was the Camp Kitchen on display?
I went this past weekend. They still had 2xR1Ts with RC + BM + Camp Kitchen, and ECG + FE + Tent.

Reactions: Zac

Sponsored

aeroberner

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1T
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
FE and RC.jpg
I personally don't get Christmas vibes.

RC is vibrant, but with the orange paint flake it shifts more towards a dirt color, especially in the sun it reminds me more of a high iron content red dirt from the southwest. If I had to estimate, RC is closer to a AA1E00.

FE is much more of a fatigue green with a ton of grey tone (very similar looking color to the launch green actually). You can definitely see the green in direct sunlight, but then it looks medium grey in any shade. If I had to estimate FE its closer to 4B4B3F.

smitjere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

RC is vibrant, but with the orange paint flake it shifts more towards a dirt color, especially in the sun it reminds me more of a high iron content red dirt from the southwest. If I had to estimate, RC is closer to a AA1E00.

FE is much more of a fatigue green with a ton of grey tone (very similar looking color to the launch green actually). You can definitely see the green in direct sunlight, but then it looks medium grey in any shade. If I had to estimate FE its closer to 4B4B3F.
That is really helpful. Thank you!

aeroberner

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1T
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
That is really helpful. Thank you!
I'm personally stoked for this combo. My wife thought I was crazy (Christmas colors, etc.). So, I had to go back and match things in person to prove to myself. I think the little yellow accents will help bring it all together too.

aeroberner

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1T
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Every time y'all say RC is more of an orange I start to go change my config.

It's sad that I live in a state that is so college football obsessed that I avoid any shade of red to keep from hearing stupid "red truck? you must be bama fan" comments :facepalm:.

I used to regularly see an orange car on my commute that had on the rear window "it's not an Auburn thing, I just like orange cars" 😆
I think RC is similar to a AA1E00 hex color. For reference, Alabama crimson is 9E1B32 and Auburn orange is E87722. I totally understand wanting to avoid school color likeness and Rivian seems to have a done a great job avoiding them for the most part.

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta

This is super helpful. I might seriously consider this combo instead of RC and BM.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
FE and RC.jpg

I think in the sun it might give more of the green hue that we expect, at least that is what seems to happen (see Limestone/FE thread). If it showed the more gray hue that you show there even in sun, I would be all in on it. It definitely has the best wood of all the interior options.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Stacey is amazing.

That other guy is ok too.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Spotted by my brother in New Braunfels, Texas.

Rivian R1T R1S RED CANYON Rivian Photos 99768574-2371-40A1-8B94-302A7AFF4900

aeroberner

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1T
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I think in the sun it might give more of the green hue that we expect, at least that is what seems to happen (see Limestone/FE thread). If it showed the more gray hue that you show there even in sun, I would be all in on it. It definitely has the best wood of all the interior options.
Here's one I captured with some bright sun. Gives me more of a khaki vibe than green.
Rivian R1T R1S RED CANYON Rivian Photos FG Driver Door
Sponsored