Sponsored

Recirculation button for AC vents turns itself off sometimes, feature or bug?

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
This has been bothering me since day one because I drive past a mushroom farm that often smells of manure on my commute 😆 . About half the time, the recirculation button in the AC control panel will switch back to outside air on it's own after a minute or so. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm guessing someone thought they were being clever with efficiency and it automatically switches based on the temperature of the air or something. Either way, I would very much like to be in control of my own experience for my nose's sake. I can imagine this would be annoying to people who live in congested cities or those who have severe allergies as well. I guess I'll fill out a service ticket to get the answer. Mentioning it to my guide made her laugh and she surely passed the info on, but I haven't seen or heard anything on the subject for a few weeks. 🐄👃😵
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've seen talk about it in the last few weeks. Someone said if you turn off auto it stops flipping recirc off. My truck has been in service the whole time the other discussion thread has gone on, so I haven't been able to test.

OP
OP

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I've seen talk about it in the last few weeks. Someone said if you turn off auto it stops flipping recirc off. My truck has been in service the whole time the other discussion thread has gone on, so I haven't been able to test.
I leave auto off most of the time. It's easy to get a false result because it only does it sometimes. When it does it, it does it consistently, which is why I'm guessing it's a feature. My money is on over-automation, but only Rivian can answer that. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I filled out a service request for it and will report back anything useful I learn.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Recirc on AC cooling seems to stay on for me but on "heat" it goes off after a few mins, super annoying!!!

Reactions: Ash

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Same here with outside temperature in the 30F to 50F range. Right now, it only affects the efficiency. It will be much worse next year when smoke moves in to Seattle.
Sponsored