First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
It may not be exactly the information we’re all craving, but to Rivian’s credit they have greatly increased the rate of social media posting

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Why did a 5 yr. old kid get their truck before me? ?‍♂

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Kind of feels like a big f* you to the rest of us. Maybe that's just the jealousy shining through, but this one stung for some reason.
They specifically perused the forums, cross referenced information from their records and the forums and then sent invitations to other people ?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Kind of feels like a big f* you to the rest of us. Maybe that's just the jealousy shining through, but this one stung for some reason.
There are definitely some early pre-order holders on this forum that I would feel very bad for if they weren't invited.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
There are definitely some early pre-order holders on this forum that I would feel very bad for if they weren't invited.
Perhaps being on this forum was a disqualifier? ?‍♂

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

It does sting and it should sting. There's a vlogger on YT and this reminds me of that. So anyway, they bought a Mach-E, had some issues with it, which they vlogged about and Ford corporate went out of their way to help them, fix their car, give them swag, the whole 9 years. Which is amazing... for THEM. Everyone else is left feeling like, WTF, just cause I don't have a YT channel I can't get the same issues taken care of? Quid pro quo, just plain dumb luck or something else? Dunno but this kinda feels like it.

On paper it probably sounded like a great idea but then once you execute, its like damn... what about the rest of us?

Rivian, you don't need to do things like this. Just share regular updates, communicate, let some vloggers like MKB have a truck, sit down and give his impressions. That will go a much longer way and impact a lot more people than doing this.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They did.

Sounds about right. Id assume the very early folks or the folks who are early and local. Would have been cool to hop on a flight and go there but regardless glad to see something happening even if its not one of us on the forums.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
On paper it probably sounded like a great idea but then once you execute, its like damn... what about the rest of us?
Are you suggesting they should have held an open house for all reservation holders?

I see this as very good news since they are finally ready to show vehicles to even a few customers. Somebody has to be first to see it. Somebody has to be first to take delivery.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Sounds about right. Id assume the very early folks or the folks who are early and local. Would have been cool to hop on a flight and go there but regardless glad to see something happening even if its not one of us on the forums.
My guess is some week 1 people on this forum went but signed an NDA.

I would have done that, been in some marketing sessions where I’ve had to sign them before.

Just glad to see it happened, probably one of the best indicators to date things are progressing.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I'm certainly jealous, but I do think it's a great indicator that things are progressing towards production.
Sponsored