Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
Agreed, but we desperately need something out in Borrego Springs / Ocotillo area. C’mon Rivian hook us up with the juice!
We just canceled a trip to Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells because of the lack of chargers. If Rivian is planning to open up to other vehicles and charge them (if not free it might be nice for Rivians to have a reduced rate), they should get in now while there is nothing.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

The charging station planned in Waco is much needed. We had a long wait at the EA charger just north of Waco around Christmas time. Hope it's at least 6 stalls.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
We just canceled a trip to Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells because of the lack of chargers. If Rivian is planning to open up to other vehicles and charge them (if not free it might be nice for Rivians to have a reduced rate), they should get in now while there is nothing.
Yeah that area is a no-man's land for charging at the moment. Something near the Salton Sea would probably make it all doable. And per Rivian's mission, it's such a great place to get out and explore. That entire area may see a resurgence now that GM invested heavily into lithium mining, so some chargers are due.

Sponsored

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
Luckily there is an EVGo station being built in Ramona, but that only somewhat helps folks coming in from the west. A DCFC station in Borrego Springs likely makes the most sense. Rivian or even Freewire if you're listening....

Kheires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X3M Comp, Travato 59K
Can someone, for the love of god, please install a couple of DCFC in west Virginia? They have like 2, both at dealerships, and they're both under 50kw. I'm trying to go to snowshoe and my best route from Indiana is to go 60mi out of the way to Pittsburgh, charge to nearly full, and pray I can get a good charge overnight somewhere to get back out of the state.

Screenshot_20230128-125202~2.png
i agree. its pretty sad. a lot to do outdoors in that state too.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Luckily there is an EVGo station being built in Ramona, but that only somewhat helps folks coming in from the west. A DCFC station in Borrego Springs likely makes the most sense. Rivian or even Freewire if you're listening....
At least one DCFC in Julian seems like another good spot for one.

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,
As for San Antonio, I went by La Cantera mall tonight and finally found where they are still in the early preparation for installing the chargers on the PF Changs side of the mall. They have early preparation for where the chargers are going and a structure and some of the power equipment in it already.
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_2500

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_2501

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

As for San Antonio, I went by La Cantera mall tonight and finally found where they are still in the early preparation for installing the chargers on the PF Changs side of the mall. They have early preparation for where the chargers are going and a structure and some of the power equipment in it already.
IMG_2500.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg
Unfortunately, that looks unchanged from November

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Anyone have updates on either of the Austin locations? I tried searching, here and online, but didn't find much.

I'm thinking of making a roadtrip from L.A. to Austin in April with a motorcycle in the back of my R1T. But it may be too much charging time and too much stopping for my taste.

avigneault

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Nothing in Austin at this time, except the service center with level 2 chargers out front.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Yep. Looks exactly the same way as the pictures I posted in December. At least it's now showing as under construction in Plug Share. Thanks for that Lizardo.

Think @DaveA added the site to plugshare