First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Had my service appointment today at the Chelsea service center, and there is all this new construction. I asked and they confirmed Rivian Level 3 chargers are coming soon!

IMG_0176.jpeg
The bellevue service center had a similar install going, turned out it was for the service center and isn't a RAN station. So don't get your hopes up too far.
Sponsored

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Thanks Budman and Polecat. Duluth would be helpful since I'm headed to Lake Vermillion next summer. I also visit Cass and Leech but that looks even worse. Having something at least in Fargo or even Bemidji would be nice.
Had a great time at Lake Vermilion last summer. You guys have nice likes up there.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just stopped by BUTTONWILLOW on way back to LA from Bay Area. Station almost ready to go. 8 spaces, ground conduits in places just need actual units installed. Shouldn't be long. There are a few chargepoint chargers and Tesla superchargers in same parking lot (subway and Starbucks).

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20221112_124634

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20221112_124600

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Looks like the permit for the Truckee CA charger was issues at the beginning of October. No date for the final inspection scheduled yet. Fingers crossed they get it up and running before the snow really hits hard. Looks like 3 RAN charger stalls and a trailer pull through charging station.

Link to the Truckee Permits website.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1668350377982

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Sacramento RAN is operational.

PXL_20221114_160811642.jpg
How many charging stands/plugs are there?

Actually, that would be helpful information for all of the open/active CA stations. I don't have numbers for all of them, and the ones I do have, I would love confirmation from someone who's been to the site rather than just a permit -- in case something changed between the original permit and activation.

Glacier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2012 Toyota Tundra
How many charging stands/plugs are there?

Actually, that would be helpful information for all of the open/active CA stations. I don't have numbers for all of them, and the ones I do have, I would love confirmation from someone who's been to the site rather than just a permit -- in case something changed between the original permit and activation.
Sacramento REI

6 DCFS with 1 being a rather tight trailer spot.

4 AC Waypoint plugs.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps PXL_20221114_161959900

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Just stopped by BUTTONWILLOW on way back to LA from Bay Area. Station almost ready to go. 8 spaces, ground conduits in places just need actual units installed. Shouldn't be long. There are a few chargepoint chargers and Tesla superchargers in same parking lot (subway and Starbucks).

20221112_124634.jpg

20221112_124600.jpg
You say shouldn't be long, this is how the one near me in NC has looked since early August. :) Although CA does seem to have a priority

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Anyone looked at the station in SA, TX? Says under construction

Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone looked at the station in SA, TX? Says under construction
I'll be down there in a couple of weeks and can look if no new information is provided by then.

I'm excited about the one in Waco to get going. That Electrify America station is almost always full and half of the chargers aren't working. The only 350 chargers (only two total, one is currently broken) rarely allow The R1T to charge at max speed. Not to mention it is in a pretty rough area of Waco.

The RAN stations are going to be near a huge HEB. It is only in the permit phase, though.

I am also excited to get a couple of stations in Dallas (as listed on the Rivian website, no permits yet). There are currently no 150kW+ charging stations in the city of Dallas. Only one EA station outside of Fort Worth that is small, and one EVgo in Murphy.

Huge area of need since Rivian is now delivering all over the state of Texas including a shop in Dallas.

Last edited:

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I'll be down there in a couple of weeks and can look if no new information is provided by then.

I'm excited about the one in Waco to get going. That Electrify America station is almost always full and half of the chargers aren't working. The only 350 chargers (only two total, one is currently broken) rarely allow The R1T to charge at max speed. Not to mention it is in a pretty rough area of Waco.

The RAN stations are going to be near a huge HEB. It is only in the permit phase, though.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2022007417

wish the permit gave more specifics

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 58F1D62C-AE04-4116-92E6-3FF68D3E0DB0
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 4D3B967C-4491-4532-8D2A-E44A979D5FCE

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Guessing this is it. Looks like 6 charging spots? Near diamonds direct.
Sponsored