Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We stopped in St. Regis for our regular potty break / fudge fill and were talking about how we really wished it had a fast charger. We walk outside to a guy with a clipboard checking out the Rivian. We get to talking, and he's the owner of the Travel Center, sandwich shop and dog park across the street, and bought up the old Exxon station on the corner, currently being renovated (looks almost like a Starbucks now). He said Rivian is breaking ground this spring at that building for 6 chargers, including a trailer pull-through spot! The goal is to open mid-late summer. And Tesla is going next to the dog park!

Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! IMG_20230226_122342
Sponsored

Drott

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 2011
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

This is awesome news! Great recon @Riviot and safe travels back home

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That should really clear up the range anxiety getting to Glacier!

Perkmeup

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vermibag.com
Vehicles
Jeep cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
This is great……Seattle to Missoula will be easier….just need to get one in Ellensburg now, as I see one is planned for spokane already

Last edited:

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

That’s good news. We drive through there at least once a year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

UPDATE: Tesla install underway! Couldn't tell what type of stations and didn't want to hop the fence to look for Magic Docks. This is backside of the dirt lot across from the gas station, NW corner.

No sign of Rivian anything...

Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! PXL_20230603_181200486

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Tesla is open! No magic dock... Yet 😭

no signs of RAN

Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! PXL_20230720_163939184

Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! PXL_20230720_164024049

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That’s great that the Tesla one is already open. I don’t think there are going to be any more magic docks now that there will be adapters next year for a growing number of CCS vehicles.

Drott

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 2011
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Dang. Those adapters can’t get here fast enough

Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
I was there July 10, 2023 and walked over to get a Huckleberry shake :)

Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! lBfcx8u

-
Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! X1YOLY7

-
Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! ze60gcR

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I have a feeling Tesla is done installing magic docks unless the government is footing the bill. It was a proof of concept with the sole purpose of being able to say, yes we can do CCS chargers.

There is no point in upgrading existing stations or even including it on new stations when soon everyone (who cares) will have their own adapter.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
FYI, on the downside of the CCS1 adapter is that it is supposed to work with v3+ SCs. There are a fair number of V2- SCs. GIF below I made a few weeks back.

12,000 v3+ vs
10,000 v2-
22,000 total

Rivian R1T R1S RAN (and Tesla) coming to St. Regis, Montana! v2 vs v3 ezgif.com-gif-maker

Last edited:

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
FYI, on the downside of the CCS1 adapter is that it is supposed to work with v3+ SCs. There are a fair number of V2- SCs. GIF below I made a few weeks back.

v2 vs v3 ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Yeah there are a lot of V2 stations in the middle of the country that would be nice to use on road trips but CCS cars can't. I wonder if the companies changing to NACS in 2025 will be able to use the V2 stations or if Tesla will start replacing those stations.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
sw engineer
Yeah there are a lot of V2 stations in the middle of the country that would be nice to use on road trips but CCS cars can't. I wonder if the companies changing to NACS in 2025 will be able to use the V2 stations or if Tesla will start replacing those stations.
Hmm ... I thought every reference to the 12K backed up all the announcements of v3 and higher.

I thought this was common/known info. You can see on supercharge.info filters using 250+kW where the v3 ones area ... ie. what I used for the GIF.

Ford's as an example being the first:
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...n-access-to-12-000-tesla-superchargers--.html

A Tesla-developed adapter will provide Ford F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit vehicles fitted with the Combined Charging System (CCS) port access to Tesla’s V3 Superchargers. Ford will equip future EVs with the NACS charge port, removing the need for an adapter for direct access to Tesla Superchargers, starting in 2025.

<snip>

The BlueOval Charge Network is already North America’s largest public charging network with over 84,000 chargers including access to over 10,000 public DC fast-chargers. Adding more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers creates the single largest integrated fast-charge network across the U.S. and Canada, designed to significantly reduce charge anxiety for Ford customers, with automatic routing to the nearest charger and seamless billing via FordPass.
Sponsored