Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
Real world driving videos of R3X, R3 and R2 at Laguna Beach.

Sponsored

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Looks so good on the move in public. Perfectly sized. And so different in styling than anything available. Please move up production into 2025 somehow RJ šŸ™šŸ»

Real world driving videos of R3X, R3 and R2 at Laguna Beach.

Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

This reminds me of how, when we first got the Hyundai Ioniq 5, we were struck by how it printed like a small car in pictures and videos (and even in person, from a distance), but it was actually larger when you got up on it and then the interior is deceptively big because of the space that the electric drivetrain affords. I expect this will be the same - we are all thinking hot hatch and comparing it to old ICE hatchbacks, but it might feel a lot roomier once you get in it.*

*This is all based on conjecture, extrapolation, and happy thoughts, but that's what this forum is going to be for the next 2+ years

Edit: After comparing the dimensions of the Ioniq 5 to the ones extrapolated for the R3X in another thread, the R3X is (as estimated) a lot shorter (~20 inches). So, not as surprising larger on the outside, but I still think the inside will be roomier than some of the cars we've been tossing around as '80s and '90s hot hatch comparisons.

Last edited:

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
This reminds me of how, when we first got the Hyundai Ioniq 5, we were struck by how it printed like a small car in pictures and videos (and even in person, from a distance), but it was actually larger when you got up on it and then the interior is deceptively big because of the space that the electric drivetrain affords. I expect this will be the same - we are all thinking hot hatch and comparing it to old ICE hatchbacks, but it might feel a lot roomier once you get in it.*

*This is all based on conjecture, extrapolation, and happy thoughts, but that's what this forum is going to be for the next 2+ years
From the video it looks smaller than the Ioniq 5... and if these dimension guesstimates are anywhere close, it will actually be significantly smaller :

R3 / R3X Dimensions: ~161.4 in length / ~59.5 in height ? (Ionique 5 is 182.5" length)

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
Wow, that looks slicker than the reveal.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Look how roomy Honda is able to make the little civic. The BMW mini and the VW golf are also roomy inside for their size. An EV platform will be even more interesting.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
I donā€™t know why but I want a R3X. Absolutely no need for it but I am going to fork over the money and buy one as soon as itā€™s available.
DittošŸ˜›

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They need to fast track the R3 and R3X....seems extremely sellable....