Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Was wondering if anyone else was going to notice this stuff. I didn't want to be the spoiler.
Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
If true I think people will be happy with those specs.
I'm glad that (so far) it seems these basic range and price numbers are achievable and they didn't try to throw something ridiculous out there like "$35k starting price."

Hopefully this helps build some trust with consumers.

Now, the big question is, will it have one screen or two? lol.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If this is true, it compares very favorably to the Tesla Model Y. Faster, more range, and slightly cheaper. This would be a huge win for Rivian.
More capable, much nicer looking, higher GCWR?
I am not sure they were aiming at the MY but the more marks they hit the better.
Is 9.8” ground clearance enough for off-road credentials a Rivian is supposed to have? I’m sure it’ll still be quite capable, but I think over 10” would be better. I think a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk trim has 10.8”?
Between that & the poor approach angle it looks like they are aiming more for the Subaru/CUV market.
The overall ground clearance on most of road capable Suv's is much higher than the minimum at the differential.
Basically: “why get a 4Runner?” 😅
The 4Runner still has more real world range & off-road capability, amongst other long range concerns.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The highest 4Runner is 9.6, most are 9.2
Keep in mind that is a the very lowest point under the rear differential.
All the other points are a little to significantly higher. 9.8" at the rocker panels is not worth boasting about.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Overall it appears the R2 will be a very compelling CUV for many buyers. .
Is it going to dethrone the 4Runner etc off road, not a chance.

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Stock novice here. Some of you are experts. Care to speculate on how the market reacts to an awesome vehicle that’s two years away? Will the number of preorders make a difference to RIVN?

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping the R2 would be. I've been trying to get my wife to trade up to an R1S from her Corsair PHEV, but it's too big for her. These specs look just about right!

Even if there is an upcharge of $6-10K for the 330-mile range I think that it is still very reasonable.

Now if only they can get them rolling off the line before 2026...

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
So not quite as long, wide, or high as my 2-row Grand Cherokee, but close. Looks like the R2 will be quite a bit bigger than a Bronco Sport though.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Stock novice here. Some of you are experts. Care to speculate on how the market reacts to an awesome vehicle that’s two years away? Will the number of preorders make a difference to RIVN?
Typically after good news the stock tanks, and after bad news the stock tanks: Only with no news on a random Friday does the stock surge then it drops back down after hours.

Dont expect the stock to go up with significance until Rivian is profitable: they are expected to become profitable by the end of 2024 because of the changes being made to the production line this year. However that was before the latest forecast of reducing production so now who knows

Sponsored

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
If this is true, it compares very favorably to the Tesla Model Y. Faster, more range, and slightly cheaper. This would be a huge win for Rivian.
Ya it looks to be targeted at the Y. While this is a great move for the company, ai can’t help but feel a little disappointed as this will probably be more of a crossover type vehicle and I was really hoping for something more like a jeep or bronco with a soft top.

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
If true, it would be nice being able to roll down rear window and not having to smell exhaust fumes like in 4Runner I used to have…
How many miles are on this 4-Runner? I've never been able to smell exhaust unless it's a fresh cold start, which I find that aroma to be pleasant :involve:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You do realize that 330mi and 0-60s is 100% not going to be anywhere close to the $47,500 base price. Manufacturers always report the top end spec with the very lowest base price.
The top end spec is going to be more than $20K costlier.

$47,500 is more likely to be something like 255 miles, 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, RWD only.
Agree. And that's about half the price of a R1. The value is compelling.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Tha R2 specs sound great. I think that Rivian is going to have a real winner in the EV marketplace. They should start producing R2's immediately at the Normal Plant. I don't think that they can wait for for the Georgia Plant.

They can continue to build a few R1's as necessary.

Brian
Disagree. Reveal R2, use excitement/reservation numbers to solicit more capital investment to get that product line off the ground ASAP.

Keep production focused on the vans and R1 models in normal and continue to focus on improvements and cost reductions there.
Sponsored