Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Seems likely to me that these are trucks being brought in for the first mile event that starts in the area in about a week.
Sponsored

Ron S

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 Turbo, Tesla Model Long Range, Jaguar XK8
Clubs

I'm waiting for the call to tell me that is MY R1T in the service bay! :rock:
I will be there as soon as I get the CALL from Kyle, my guide!

OP
OP

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
I see your stalker move and raise you one.
It does bring up an interesting question. If Rivian is making urban electric delivery vans for Amazon, why not use those as it's service vans?

Maybe the specs don't work but seems silly to build electric vans to displace (probably Ford) ICE delivery vans while then leasing/purchasing (probably Ford) ICE service vans to build out your service fleet...
Very funny, you got way better photos than me! I did notice the entrance to one of the trails when I was first trying to find the service center, it must have a great view of the bay & SFO. I'm pretty sure I read on here a couple of weeks ago that the service vans would be Rivian (I does seem to make too much sense).

Last edited:

MarkieSharkie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Designer
I see your stalker move and raise you one.

Haha. This is hilarious. I decided to take my afternoon run this afternoon a little further south than my normal afternoon run. (Did you know there's a running trail along the Bay right behind the Rivian service center?)

Would have been extra hilarious if we had run into one another on the street corner... I saw the four flatbed trucks outside and there were 5-6 Rivian employees outside, maybe training for pickup/dropoff at the service center. I counted three trucks in the service area along with one Amazon van, I think.

Here are some additional photos for your post, that I snagged while also creeping outside. Got lucky and had caught a truck in the wild from a few different angles:

1635298555402.png

1635298609787.png

1635298657778.png

1635298800009.png

1635298897375.png
I can confirm that's just a regular Ford van. I drive by there weekly (I drop my dog off at daycare down the street) and I've seen it each time. I was the one who shared more pics of this place about a month or two ago that circled around on here.

Someone mentioned multiple flatbeds, which is something new from the first time I went. There used to just be one flatbed and that van. The service bay was largely empty except for a couple tool chests and the service lifts.

poldim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I made a dump run today & decided to continue south to stalk the the service center(inspired by the Bellevue SC stalkers). I have to admit that this wasn't my first drive by. Today, there was WAY more activity there/cars in the lot. New today were a bunch of cones in the lots (to line up new R1T's for delivery)? There were 4 flatbed trucks. And there were 2 R1T's in the service bay & 1 pulling into the parking lot. Sorry for the horrible photos.

Rivian South San Francisco Service Center.jpg
I went by in early September and they had one in there too…at least the color’s different

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635943028934

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I made a dump run today & decided to continue south to stalk the the service center(inspired by the Bellevue SC stalkers). I have to admit that this wasn't my first drive by. Today, there was WAY more activity there/cars in the lot. New today were a bunch of cones in the lots (to line up new R1T's for delivery)? There were 4 flatbed trucks. And there were 2 R1T's in the service bay & 1 pulling into the parking lot. Sorry for the horrible photos.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_595f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5961.jpg
No pics, but I saw one yesterday at the El Segundo service center. Parked outside, so perhaps an employee vehicle.
Sponsored