Sponsored

R1T Without Tonneau Option Delivered

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The Cybertruck will use of version of a commercial roll up garage door using small slats. It‘s a more robust design but could not be applied to the R1T due to the Gear Tunnel.

Here are some photos that I took at the Peterson Museum when the CT was on display. Observation: the Cybertruck looks WAY better in the flesh.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Without Tonneau Option Delivered 5337B0A0-D5FB-40B0-BE91-1B17540E8CFB

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Without Tonneau Option Delivered 323ED8D8-F13A-4E6F-8935-37281B6736C0
Sponsored

Last edited:

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Can't wait to see how the wet tonneau cover works when the wet snow freezes to Zero degrees at night..
Same way other tonneau covers work.

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

I removed the powered tonneau. We’ll see what happens… Has anyone not had it configured then was told it was required during their configuration confirmation?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

They’re called Guides. Why would they not guide their customers?
There should have been a prompt on the configurator or other reminder to select a tonneau option from the three possibilities.
They’re called ‘Guides” to tie into Rivian’s “Adventure” motif. In reality, they are just Closers in flannel shirts.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Without Tonneau Option Delivered 1665484778739

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I see some people post about changing their configs every day. I haven't changed mine once since reserving. But after seeing this pic and thinking about it for a few days, I just went back and deleted my cover. Keeping the max pack though, so who knows if I'll ever be getting my truck. 🤷🤣

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I see some people post about changing their configs every day. I haven't changed mine once since reserving. But after seeing this pic and thinking about it for a few days, I just went back and deleted my cover. Keeping the max pack though, so who knows if I'll ever be getting my truck. 🤷🤣
Yep. I changed back to the manual cover before Oct15 so when we get the end of october delivery updates I can tell you if it cannonballed my ETA or not...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I won’t know if it changed my delivery since I never got an estimate other than “not this year” from anyone at Rivian🤦🏼‍♂️

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I won’t know if it changed my delivery since I never got an estimate other than “not this year” from anyone at Rivian🤦🏼‍♂️
Are you maxpack? I mean colorado is a pretty big market and your config seems standard.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Are you maxpack? I mean colorado is a pretty big market and your config seems standard.
No, my original order is basically exactly as shown, with manual tonneau. I did at one point earlier this year switch to max pack, then back again. Then I switched to powered tonneau just because it seemed like that was the only possibility. Switched it back after reading this thread.

I think the timing of my order in Dec 2021 was just after they stopped giving estimates to everyone. I’ve chatted and emailed CS a few times trying to get some kind of window but they never give me one LOL. Oh well. I‘ve only been waiting for 11 months while many are still in year 3 or 4!

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
No, my original order is basically exactly as shown, with manual tonneau. I did at one point earlier this year switch to max pack, then back again. Then I switched to powered tonneau just because it seemed like that was the only possibility. Switched it back after reading this thread.

I think the timing of my order in Dec 2021 was just after they stopped giving estimates to everyone. I’ve chatted and emailed CS a few times trying to get some kind of window but they never give me one LOL. Oh well. I‘ve only been waiting for 11 months while many are still in year 3 or 4!
Weird. I ordered the same month in a similar high-demand market and have gotten all the updates. Oh well, rivian lottery. I'll let you know if changing back to manual nuke's my delivery ETA. If that is the case at least you'll have an idea of what the manual sets you back.

I'm REALLY hoping they will fulfill the order and ship the manual panels later....

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
That’s what Rivian CS told someone else here in the forum. But that is obviously speculation without more info. I agree with you - I would love for that to be a neat little locking storage box vs a tonneau.
That would be so great.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Weird. I ordered the same month in a similar high-demand market and have gotten all the updates. Oh well, rivian lottery. I'll let you know if changing back to manual nuke's my delivery ETA. If that is the case at least you'll have an idea of what the manual sets you back.

I'm REALLY hoping they will fulfill the order and ship the manual panels later....
Thanks, I appreciate that! I’m hoping the same thing. No reason they couldn’t come later….

DrXenonBloom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, R1T (Preordered)
I just spoke with my guide today. I apparently had no cover selected because I wrongfully assumed the powered cover was included (I must have missed that it had changed during the March emails). Anyway, I have had a VIN assigned since Wednesday and my guide said it's in the final stages of production so they are apparently making them without the cover.

Airbuswillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Model 3, ‘99 Suburban, ‘24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
We’re not supposed to feel sorry for them are we? If they ordered that early that they already got a truck and were part of the price change/renig fiasco and DIDNT know they were supposed to go back in and reselect/confirm their options then i don’t know what to say. Too bad so sad??? Pay attention man.
Sponsored