Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
No, didn't notice that. Where was it spotted?
It has a Texas sticker on the back glass upper left corner.... not sure why but what I gather in the tweet thread it was actually spotted in Carmel, California

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Extended underbody protection is a part of the adventure package (or more specifically, the off road package, which is included in the adventure package, I guess). It extends beyond the normal protection underneath. In another thread, someone spotted what could be that. This picture, it is clearly missing. I believe this supports that what was spotted in the other thread is the extended underbody shield.

You said "no, that wasn't the underbody shield", a definitive statement, so I thought you had more information.

Sounds like we just have disagreeing speculation.
Rivian's description:
Rivian R1T R1S R1T validation prototype model spotted riv_shield

and from the press:
Rivian R1T R1S R1T validation prototype model spotted riv_shield2

The multi-layer "reinforced underbody shield" is what is included in the Off-Road Upgrade per Rivian's description. I can all but guarantee you the rock rails will be an extra cost item (Rivian has stated that accessories will eventually become available in the configurator, be prepared to pony up). I'll even go so far as to guess they will be priced somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500.

Yes, I am speculating here but with very high confidence based on the available information. If you were local I would wager a beer on this. I would also be happy to be wrong about this. Conversely, if you are wrong, you (and perhaps others) may be somewhat disappointed.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T validation prototype model spotted riv_rail_daylight

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So hard to tell. To me it looks closer to launch green based on the Configurator colors.
9883F1AE-CC33-450B-877B-2E85C7937A37.jpeg
1148BE9B-9CF2-421C-A703-6AA28BE53948.jpeg
FE261773-FEE3-4953-A110-687B7AA44455.jpeg
To my eyes as well there's a tinge more brown/yellow in the picture which looks closer to the launch green. But it could just be the reflections. Whichever one it is, it looks great though.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
First off, thanks for taking the pic and sharing it to this forum.
Secondly, nice color.
Not sure if it is Forest Green or Launch Green. I am staying with my pick before I saw this picture, which is Launch Green regardless, and hopes it does get a bit more on brown side as I want it to be as unique a color As possible.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This still looks like forest green to me. This one looks a lot like RJ's R1T from the New Year's email.

I suspect that Launch Green will end up looking more like:

Rivian R1T R1S R1T validation prototype model spotted Rivian R1T Validation Testing Prototype LG edit

Regardless, its a nice looking truck, no?

Last edited:

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It has a Texas sticker on the back glass upper left corner.... not sure why but what I gather in the tweet thread it was actually spotted in Carmel, California
I wondered if it might also be Carmel, IN, which isn't too far from Bloomington, IL. Was CA confirmed somewhere?

Also, I noticed the NY state sticker in the upper corner of the back glass in the latest Gase/LWU follow up video (5:16). Makes me wonder the significance of these!

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I wondered if it might also be Carmel, IN, which isn't too far from Bloomington, IL. Was CA confirmed somewhere?

Also, I noticed the NY state sticker in the upper corner of the back glass in the latest Gase/LWU follow up video (5:16). Makes me wonder the significance of these!
I have noticed this on all the trucks in the wild, I’m suspecting they are testing 50 (states) different validation trucks, but most of them have been spotted in California and around Illinois.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

The person who tweeted did not specify... however, reading some of their other tweets it seems they are from California because they mentioned some tremors in Milpitas several months ago.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Truck spotted in California vs my photo of the Forest Green R1S taken at the Denver even in June of 2019.

1610891824506.png
Forest Green R1S.jpg
Hmm yea I change my mind, that is indeed the same color :). The rendering of Forest Green in the configurator is misleading - I was expecting a more saturated green. Either way, it is a nice color and if Launch Green looks anywhere near as good, I'll be a happy camper.

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Definitely in Monterey Bay area of CA - I recognized the landscape immediately. Here's the location of the EVgo charger they were using:
Sand City, California - Google Maps
Sponsored