Sponsored

R1T Specific Colour Poll

What Colour Will You Choose?

• Total voters

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Alright, I'll give y'all a tiny sneak peak at Canyon Red.

Credit to Kyle Shultz (from another site & YT) for spotting this on the extended cab R1T.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Specific Colour Poll Capture+_2021-03-03-18-38-20~2
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shzeph

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Extended cab? I always thought that it looked like a smaller cab (shorter rear door, shorter wheelbase, etc). Did I horribly misunderstand that whole thing?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Extended cab? I always thought that it looked like a smaller cab (shorter rear door, shorter wheelbase, etc). Did I horribly misunderstand that whole thing?
It was definitely an extended cab & I'm confident it is on the R1S wheelbase. There are several specifics in the picture that confirm it's not just the camera angle.

Some of those details will be discussed in one of Kyle's upcoming videos.

OP
OP
Shzeph

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Well ok then! That’s a cool detail. Maybe a sneak peak of future plans? Very interesting regardless

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Extended cab usually refers to the 1.5 cabs lots of trucks have, typically with suicide doors. It's extended in contrast to a single cab, not a double cab like what the R1T has. So it's still called extended despite the fact that there's no single cab.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shzeph

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Extended cab usually refers to the 1.5 cabs lots of trucks have, typically with suicide doors. It's extended in contrast to a single cab, not a double cab like what the R1T has. So it's still called extended despite the fact that there's no single cab.
Ohhhhhhh. Gotcha, gotcha. I’ve never before owned a pickup, so I’m not really “in” on the lingo. But thanks for clearing that up

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ohhhhhhh. Gotcha, gotcha. I’ve never before owned a pick-up, so I’m not really “in” on the lingo. But thanks for clearing that up
Shoot, I didn't even think about that.

Single cab - front seat only with just 2 doors
Extended cab - Small rear doors, normally has a back seat
Crew cab or Double cab - 4 doors with a bigger back seat

OP
OP
Shzeph

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
So now that we’re drawing ever closer to the (probable) delivery date (month), be curious to know if anyone has had any major changes of heart about colour choices?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
So now that we’re drawing ever closer to the (probable) delivery date (month), be curious to know if anyone has had any major changes of heart about colour choices?
Several! I’ve changed the color in the Configurator 3 times. I finally decided to just leave it at Launch Green until I can see the options in person. If I don’t hate launch green, I’ll probably stick with that because it’s free. I like white, but not with the std 20” wheel$, so I’d have a $3500 wheel upgrade to black if I did that. Or get after market powder coat on the stick wheels.

Real world pics are so drastically different from the Configurator renderings that it’s just impossible to try to pick anything from the Configurator not yet seen in the wild.

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
Several! I’ve changed the color in the Configurator 3 times. I finally decided to just leave it at Launch Green until I can see the options in person. If I don’t hate launch green, I’ll probably stick with that because it’s free. I like white, but not with the std 20” wheel$, so I’d have a $3500 wheel upgrade to black if I did that. Or get after market powder coat on the stick wheels.

Real world pics are so drastically different from the Configurator renderings that it’s just impossible to try to pick anything from the Configurator not yet seen in the wild.
I am interested in Canyon Red, Launch Green, and LImestone, none of which I have seen IRL Midnight is my backup plan if the others don't meet my expectations.

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Stated in other thread. LE green until is see it. Otherwise Compass Yellow or El Cap maybe. Blue and Forest Green are so played out already ????

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If I don't absolutely love Launch Green, I'll definitely go with really liking Launch Green. If that shouldn't work out for me, I'll probably decide to just go with Launch Green.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Team Yellow welcomes you!
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg
That sweet pup on the right looks worried. The Dog Whisperer in me senses that this little one is dreaming of rides in the back of a Launch Green R1T soon. Have you changed your mind or do I need to drive up to complete the adoption? My copilot seat is wide open.

Damn! Those faces were the first thing that popped up when I woke up and turned on my tablet this morning. They put an instant smile on my face and the warm fuzzies in my heart! Cute pups! Thanks for starting off my day right! ☺

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm in the Launch Green crowd if I like it enough combined with (forest) green interior color.
Otherwise I'm picking the LA Silver & Ocean Coast. Still get the 20's upgraded free with a LE.
Sponsored