First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I thought about both, but that would mean climbing up with bike in hand. Lowest is pretty low, but it's still a climb to get in the bed.

I'll try different ways, but nothing beats having a helping hand... Or a hitch rack.
I've been thinking about this for a few months. The climbing into the bed seeeems easiest to me. But I'm curious to see where we all land.
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I thought about both, but that would mean climbing up with bike in hand. Lowest is pretty low, but it's still a climb to get in the bed.

I'll try different ways, but nothing beats having a helping hand... Or a hitch rack.
Settles it, keeping my Kuat hitch mount

Freshturk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
While I love my hitch mount I just don’t want to leave it on all the time nor want to yank it off the wall. Trivial for sure but I really just want an option that’s always there I can just throw a bike on whenever as most of the time it’s just me.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit

Not sure why you would have to climb with the bike in hand. Lift the bike into the cab. Then climb in and lift it again to the roof.

Sponsored

diz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Would a fork mount rack work better over the bed?
https://yakima.com/products/highspeed

Not a 1up rack product but I did end up installing a couple Thule TopRide fork mount racks on our Rivian crossbars. I went with these as they are a breeze to install / take off. Much like our crossbars no tools are needed. I think I can have the crossbars and racks on & off in under 5 minutes.
Not the most secure as far as locking the bike but I do like the fact that I can mount just about any thru-axel bike FAST. When its just me I'll probably stick with the hitch mount 1up but I ride with a couple other guys a few times a month and this will be a good option to have.

Will it fit in the garage?
PXL_20220410_221918890.MP.jpg

Not a problem - as long as I remember to use the dropper...
PXL_20220410_222351695.jpg
From Dark-Fx’s post about one up rack install.

Looks like a winner!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
From Dark-Fx’s post about one up rack install.

Looks like a winner!
Thanks! I totally missed that.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think so too, but not a fan of things being taller than the vehicle is normally

tumblr_nkwhe4Ye7x1rpfjnco1_500.jpg
Yeah.... Definitely wouldn't want it on the roof. The bed makes me nervous enough.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
This is the advantage of the Rivians not having an integrated garage door opener. Pro tip: as soon as you put something on top of your vehicle you put your garage door opener in the glove box. That way you don't get home and automatically hit the opener.

Delusions of Adequacy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GX460, Rivian R1T
This is the advantage of the Rivians not having an integrated garage door opener. Pro tip: as soon as you put something on top of your vehicle you put your garage door opener in the glove box. That way you don't get home and automatically hit the opener.
I'm with you on this - been doing this for years. Of-course we'll have to find something other than the glove box in the R1T.

So after my ride today I'm thinking when I'm out by myself I am going to use the fork-mount Thule over the hitch mount rack. Even with taking off the front tire I still thinks its faster than installing the hitch mount - taking off the cover, & getting under to install the pin lock is a PITA in my opinion. Old man doesn't like bending over anymore I guess. Plus, like I mentioned with my dropper all the way down I can drive into right into my garage without taking the bike off.

My bike is the sub $13k model...I love that Yeti ARC. Back on the hardtail kick since last summer...unless its White Ranch or Hall Ranch (or a dozen other trails I guess) then bring on the full suspension!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T over-bed bikes on Yakima HighRoad Bike Mount PXL_20220418_192454431

Rivian R1T R1S R1T over-bed bikes on Yakima HighRoad Bike Mount PXL_20220418_192430560
Sponsored