R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status

cheffie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI Cooper S Conv, VW GTI
Occupation
Chef
I got the email to confirm configuration Thursday and after doing so I immediately got a VIN and 8 steps along with a guide. Was surprised...guide was surprised I had a VIN during our intro call too.

After looking up the VIN, my guide said the truck is still in Illinois - but to expect it to ship locally within two weeks.

Original order - 1/22.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
My guide told me RB currently not in the build batch, guess not as popular? Hence the further wait for any RB orders.
Makes sense why I haven't heard a peep... Surprising its not being prioritized as it is a $2500 option?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Makes sense why I haven't heard a peep... Surprising its not being prioritized as it is a $2500 option?
This was also my thinking. Figured underbody/ RB / 20 inch dark wheels being upgrades would improve margins and weā€™d see more. But I feel like itā€™s been a lot of the opposite.

Funny thing though, I brought this up to my guide again, asking if they knew when blue batching would start.. and they said no one at Normal gives them info about what batches are being made. So, made me wonder why I was told RB batching was not currently in production.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Jan 2022 pre-order..
Cancelled after the price hike..
Placed new order after March 1st..
Received email that pre-March pricing would be honored..
Window : Jan - Feb '23
No contact yet..
Don't give up hope. I waited almost 3-years to get delivery. It's a remarkable beast, and I know you are sure to love it!

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
This was also my thinking. Figured underbody/ RB / 20 inch dark wheels being upgrades would improve margins and weā€™d see more. But I feel like itā€™s been a lot of the opposite.

Funny thing though, I brought this up to my guide again, asking if they knew when blue batching would start.. and they said no one at Normal gives them info about what batches are being made. So, made me wonder why I was told RB batching was not currently in production.
Weird. I keep seeing people in Socal get guides/ etc that have ordered later than me. I feel like my build is fairly vanilla (RB/OC/21/manual tonneau). I've had manual config'd for a long time, I was hoping once they turned off the auto I would be at least confirmed, but nope. All quiet on the western front.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Weird. I keep seeing people in Socal get guides/ etc that have ordered later than me. I feel like my build is fairly vanilla (RB/OC/21/manual tonneau). I've had manual config'd for a long time, I was hoping once they turned off the auto I would be at least confirmed, but nope. All quiet on the western front.
Been seeing a lot more East Coast confirmations as of late. Maybe we are due for a West Coast push soon.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Communicated with guide. Said truck is in transit. Weā€™ll see if i can take delivery before years end. If you sign purchase agreement before years end but air delivery after you can still claim credit on this years taxes, correct?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

Guide again told me today that RB is in production and not a hold up. In fact he offered us a RB OC truck thatā€™s sitting in Normal ready to ship. Weā€™re still waiting on our RB BM 20ā€ AT with underbody. Everything he offered us today had 21 or 22ā€ wheels and no underbody. We have a Dec-Jan window, locked our configuration beginning of November. Just waiting on a VIN. Our guide is frustrated that the matches are taking so long and he said itā€™s all done by another team. They have almost no insight into the production/matching process.

MooneyPilot

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
Wish my guide would offer me anything. Was that a RB with OC AND 22ā€? Still waiting on shop access, switching to max if delivery isnā€™t this year.

Sponsored

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
Everything you said - me too! And a bit more. I texted the guide & got a few questions answered: Can I get shop access? No. Do you think my truck will be delivered before EOY? No.
When did you order?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Wish my guide would offer me anything. Was that a RB with OC AND 22ā€? Still waiting on shop access, switching to max if delivery isnā€™t this year.
This was the truck:
R1T
Rivian Blue Exterior
Ocean Coast Interior
21 in Road Wheels
No Underbody Shield
No Full-Size Spare

MooneyPilot

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks for that, maybe Iā€™ll do some soul searching on 21s. After a wrap they look ok.

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
My delivery window is Dec 22 - Jan 23 and haven't received a guide yet. Seems like a scattered delivery system. The forum for my delivery window still has some that haven't reached a guide either not just me.
yeah, Iā€™m still in processing but just confirmed config and got a guide. January 2022 orders.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
My status just changed to processing estimate. For my fellow nerds, estimatedDeliveryWindow in the item object representing my truck in the graphQL switched to null. It previously had a start of 01/01/2023 and end of 02/28/2023. I did get shop access (shoutout to the best guide ever), though I'm not sure if it's related or a coincidence. Either way, there's nothing in the shop remotely close to my config, unfortunately.
Sponsored