Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Would love to hear your opinions on how the QC of the PDX SC was once you've taken delivery! I can only imagine you're out driving it around right now lol. Congrats again!
It’s fantastic! I put about 50 miles on it to check for any strange noises. I can’t find a thing wrong with it yet, so I’m giving them 2 thumbs up. Tow testing soon.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status FAE49476-012C-476C-B759-7533DB302A59
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status 81F4371E-C75A-4D63-919E-123AC852D2C7
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status 71163348-AB6D-4AF6-916D-0FCE7631910D
Sponsored

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Ugh, 2 weeks now and my R1T is still "moving through final quality checks" at the factory. Seems like a crazy amount of time to be sitting at the factory getting checked. My assumption is this status message means nothing or there is something seriously wrong that requires fixes. While I realize the past 2 weeks is an overall small percent of my total wait time, being this close and stuck is tough.

EDIT: Well looks like the status is indeed meaningless. My guide updated me that it's on the train making it's way to the west coast. When it got on the train and how close it is is anyone's guess. But seems like getting behind the wheel by February is possible!

Whelp, sounds like I should contact my guide as well. As of yesterday it was still at the factory (since selection on 1/19).
I reached out to my guide on Friday and my truck is still awaiting shipment at the factory. As of then, 2 weeks since selecting the truck in The Shop, having a VIN assigned, and the infamous “Preparing vehicle”.

At this point, after hearing of the stories about trucks being “in transit” then “at the SC” then “in transit” and/or “no ETA”, I half expect the truck to arrive before my guide tells me it ships!

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Anyone notice whether sending payment seems to nudge faster delivery?

My last guide told me not to do insurance or send payment until the T arrived in PDX. Was that bad advice? Are they waiting for $?

I sent the cash payment and will upload a photo of the check tomorrow just in case...

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

My last guide told me not to do insurance or send payment until the T arrived in PDX. Was that bad advice? Are they waiting for $?

I sent the cash payment and will upload a photo of the check tomorrow just in case...
It won't speed anything up. Shipping time is out of their control and QC is a good thing for them to spend time on once it arrives to the SC. It's been ~7 weeks since I got my VIN and started the 8 steps and I only just got notified this last week it had arrived in PDX for QC.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

Your guide is correct. The delivery team doesn't see anything related to your payment. They only enable Step 8.

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

It won't speed anything up. Shipping time is out of their control and QC is a good thing for them to spend time on once it arrives to the SC. It's been ~7 weeks since I got my VIN and started the 8 steps and I only just got notified this last week it had arrived in PDX for QC.
Shucks.
I'll have to find another straw to grasp in my attempt to speed things up!
🤪

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

After days of panic and frustration from my guide going MIA which very nearly kept me from finishing my 8 steps before this weekend, I'm finally set to pick up my R1T tomorrow morning :)

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

Well, previously I got moved from Jan-Feb to March-April, but I got a guide and access to the shop. After about three weeks or so of constantly checking the shop, tonight I saw my exact configuration available. Snagged it and the 8 steps opened and I can schedule delivery already! Granola is sitting in the pantry as well. Time to do leg work on insurance options and financing.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

After days of panic and frustration from my guide going MIA which very nearly kept me from finishing my 8 steps before this weekend, I'm finally set to pick up my R1T tomorrow morning :)
Get ready……it’s better than I expected!

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Get ready……it’s better than I expected!
One day in and I'm just blown away! Wonderful experience picking up the truck and no issues to speak of on build quality.

I was definitely anxious after prowling forums for the last year, but I have to say this is undoubtedly the nicest car I've ever owned, let alone been in. Just all around incredible.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status 20230211_162332

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status image000004

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status image000003

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status image000001

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Jan '23 - Feb '23 -- Status 20230211_134420

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
One day in and I'm just blown away! Wonderful experience picking up the truck and no issues to speak of on build quality.

I was definitely anxious after prowling forums for the last year, but I have to say this is undoubtedly the nicest car I've ever owned, let alone been in. Just all around incredible.

20230211_162332.jpg

image000004.jpg

image000003.jpg

image000001.jpg

20230211_134420.jpg
Panels look nice and even! Congrats on the truck, looks great but I’m biased. ;)

Last edited:

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Shucks.
I'll have to find another straw to grasp in my attempt to speed things up!
🤪
My time is near! Available for pickup tomorrow but we pushed back by a week because we're on vacation. 2/28 at 3p is showtime!
(A week left in my revised delivery window, btw.)
Sponsored