Sponsored

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Congrats to Rivian team. And now....it is time for the R2 to come to market.

Considering the price of Rivian R1 versus Ford Mustang ME, the #4 position is even more impressive.

1713206197240-l8.png
Rivian with actual momentum on demand for the R1S...while demand for the top competitor collapses... And the stock price suffers.

Whole game has to be about getting R1S to gm positive.

Last edited:

Sponsored

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
And, the R1T nowhere to be found on the list, as expected.

RJ needs to get his head in the game and drop that model. Just get the R2 out faster, along with the R3, instead.

OP
OP
alacritousOmega

alacritousOmega

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad Motor
And, the R1T nowhere to be found on the list, as expected.

RJ needs to get his head in the game and drop that model. Just get the R2 out faster, along with the R3, instead.
definitely shouldn’t drop it. Just drop the price haha. R1S can easily be $70-100k but the R1T just feels too small to be in the price range. Should be sub $70k

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
definitely shouldn’t drop it. Just drop the price haha. R1S can easily be $70-100k but the R1T just feels too small to be in the price range. Should be sub $70k
Too small? Maybe smaller than the other EV trucks, but it’s bigger than the R1S.

I initially thought that dropping the price of the R1T might be the way, but I don’t see that as a possibility now. The R1T and R1S share so many components. Unless you strip down the R1T, you can’t be selling practically two similar vehicles at two very different price points. But, if you strip down the R1T to get it in the $60’s, it’s basically not representative of the more premium R1 branding.

The R1T just doesn’t belong in the $80K price league outside of the early adopters.

OP
OP
alacritousOmega

alacritousOmega

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad Motor
Too small? Maybe smaller than the other EV trucks, but it’s bigger than the R1S.

I initially thought that dropping the price of the R1T might be the way, but I don’t see that as a possibility now. The R1T and R1S share so many components. Unless you strip down the R1T, you can’t be selling practically two similar vehicles at two very different price points. But, if you strip down the R1T to get it in the $60’s, it’s basically not representative of the more premium R1 branding.

The R1T just doesn’t belong in the $80K price league outside of the early adopters.
The R1T is longer but feels a little small than R1S. It feels like a midsized truck. Would be cool if base R1T started at $60-70k and then have a R1Tx for $100k+ with slightly more aggressive styling. (Think Ford Raptor or R3X)

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
R1T at 3,261 units - ouch!
Keep in mind in 2022 pretty much every Rivian delivered was an R1T. (Outside of EDVs)
So the R1T backlog was filled before the R1S backlog. In 2023 Rivian also stated that most of their R1 production was R1S, which makes sense.

2024 on we're going to see sales of R1's that are mostly new customers, and not older reservation holders.

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
I agree they should focus on the R1S and, of course, the R2. That said, the R1T is already developed and there’s no need to delete it, just don’t make so many.

How about offering an R1T with the lowest trim and lowest price possible sold as a “work truck.” They are already selling to fleets and sometimes selling the R1S to businesses, I think. Potentially even a single motor offering. Maybe throw the EDV headlights on it to differentiate it as the work truck.

EVsinROC

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP, GL550, M3, Jag XJL SC, R1S & CT on order
This is result of huge backlog of R1S orders from 3+ years ago. Even then Tesla sold as many MY in one month than R1S all year. Rivian is losing $43K/vehicle & $5B annually. With only $9B left, hoe does RIV make to 2026 R2/3? How much add cost is R2/3. R1T decline also not sign.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

This is result of huge backlog of R1S orders from 3+ years ago. Even then Tesla sold as many MY in one month than R1S all year. Rivian is losing $43K/vehicle & $5B annually. With only $9B left, hoe does RIV make to 2026 R2/3? How much add cost is R2/3. R1T decline also not sign.
This is not from 3 year old orders.
Sponsored