Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I bought max ipo and doubled as well. Cost average is $86. Didn’t help my estimate :)
Matty J, I hope you don’t make the 4 year club. Your situation order date/new window makes no sense to me. Sucks. Sorry man.
Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Matty J, I hope you don’t make the 4 year club. Your situation order date/new window makes no sense to me. Sucks. Sorry man.
Appreciate it! I must have somehow angered the Rivian gods by being too forward with spreading the gospel!!

bmourer

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, BMW X3 M, 911 C4S (993), 911 GT3 T
Occupation
Architect
Haha! I’m at $79/ave basis for 260
Shares. Not feeling like the smartest investor right now…maybe the R1S will magically arrive in August and all will be forgotten (not holding my breath!) this forum is good for the soul!

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

No updated delivery date so far.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
There’s a four year club? I almost don’t feel so bad being a member 😀

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Location is key. Keeping the location variable constant, the two persons in Denver that posted Aug/Sept delivery windows have Black interior, pre-ordered after me; I’m in Denver without Black interior and have Oct-Dec.
Yah. I was 1/19 pre, snagged a March April window, got a guide early in the window and was lining up insurance. Key variable was I was a mile from the unopened SC. Unfortunately I changed my delivery address with the guide. Now I’ve been abandoned. No new window email. I’m thinking my guide’s anniversary gift shows up before the truck…

Location is key…

Geocvl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

We Canadians are going to be the biggest losers of this, more so the LE and early non-LE orders holders.

This says our deliveries won’t happen until 2023, as they haven’t done any service centres up here. So they might deliver some Ts in 2023 into 2024.

This new mess pretty much guarantees my 2H 2023 will be late 2024 if they don’t run into any more issues, or worse decide to delay their Canadian launch, which I am also expecting them to do.
Just think of it as a long term Beta test with their US customers so they can deliver a perfect product to us north of the border.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

There’s a four year club?
I fully expect to make the four-year club.
Missed the 11/20/20 configure cutoff for LE. Missed the 12/10/21 configure cutoff for inclusion in the December emailed windows. And, of course, no recent update.
Four-year club membership may be my reward for waiting to see a "production" R1S (RJ's) before I configured.

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q7, 2018 BMW 640i
I have a July - Sept 2022 window but have yet to receive an updated delivery date.

South Florida, Limestone R1S LE with 22 in Black Wheels.
I am in South Florida also Boynton Beach, had a June-July window just moved up to Oct-Dec. originally reserved 2/20. Will take whatever is available at that time. I understand that they are putting finishing touches on a Miami service center. There is one in Orlando, so that’s good news for us to be able to service our vehicles.

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
Am I crazy (and is anyone with me?) for wanting to wait for Ocean Coast interior? Or should I just change to maybe get my R1S sooner?

I have a similar gray in my Volvo XC90, and I love it. Bright, different, luxurious. Plus, it doesn't get blazing hot. Which brings up another question, with EVs, do black interiors require significantly more energy to cool down/condition in summer months vs a lighter ocean coast?

Sponsored

Morpheus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3MR, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Servant Leader
I just turn on AC in my Tesla about 5 minutes before getting in and its fine. The Rivian app will tell you your cabin is warm and let you cool it off, that will help make the black work if you want delivery sooner.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I just turn on AC in my Tesla about 5 minutes before getting in and its fine. The Rivian app will tell you your cabin is warm and let you cool it off, that will help make the black work if you want delivery sooner.
Ocean Coast will fix that.....

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Am I crazy (and is anyone with me?) for wanting to wait for Ocean Coast interior? Or should I just change to maybe get my R1S sooner?
I forget which member on this forum stated they saw the inside of an OC test Mule many months ago during testing, and the material was really showing dirt and grime, and he ruled it out. It’s been my experience with light “leathers/vinyls” that some repel better than others. (Couches/chairs etc). (I also changed away from OC-FWIW).

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

I'm 15 min driving from Rockville so don't think it's Location.
Same here, kinda in the grey area between Rockville and Richmond (closer to Rockville) and still haven’t heard crap where same order timing/config same distance from Richmond has…frustrating

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I have a Nov. 2020 LE reservation and I am in the Chicago suburbs and I still haven't heard a thing on an updated timeline. I am real surprised that they still haven't gotten updates to all LE reservation holders - there couldn't be more than 5-10k of us.
Sponsored