First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Clubs

Need a little advise here....

I locked in my R1S configuration in September. In October 2023 by delivery window updated to December 2023 / January 2024. It's now January 16th and I haven't heard a peep from Rivian. From others in these forums I understand that the time from VIN assignment / start of the 8 steps to actual delivery is at least 2 weeks so unless I get the email today or tomorrow I can't imagine they are going to hit the window.

Anyone else in this boat or have a similar experience with Rivian missing the delivery estimate?
Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Have you spoken to your Guide? They should be able to give a better timeline for this.
Good luck!

Bristlecone

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired (newspaper reporter)
Clubs

Need a little advise here....

I locked in my R1S configuration in September. In October 2023 by delivery window updated to December 2023 / January 2024. It's now January 16th and I haven't heard a peep from Rivian. From others in these forums I understand that the time from VIN assignment / start of the 8 steps to actual delivery is at least 2 weeks so unless I get the email today or tomorrow I can't imagine they are going to hit the window.

Anyone else in this boat or have a similar experience with Rivian missing the delivery estimate?
Same boat here, told it would be December/January. Not a peep since.

OP
OP

ARE1212

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Clubs

Ditto. What guide? Nothing at all from Rivian ever, other than the request to confirm my configuration.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Typically configuration or location are the main reasons they miss a window these days, and a few months ago they started offering folks outside the regular service radius the option to take delivery. So maybe it is your particular configuration? If you share more details about your order maybe others can help.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
In the Rivian app, under the Profile tab, select "Ask us Anything". It should list your Guide's contact info at the bottom.

Jacopa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Honestly, there really isn’t that many configurations. One would think that they can knock out a configuration every few days. This week we’re running blue, next week we’re running red, etc. the skateboard itself is really simple too. Dual motor, quad motor, large, max, that’s it! Wheels? Please…. This really should be ironed out by now…

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
In the Rivian app, under the Profile tab, select "Ask us Anything". It should list your Guide's contact info at the bottom.
Not anymore... They no longer have assigned guides. They have guide groups. This started on January 5th. After that, it can take a couple days, if ever, to get a response from them.

When I picked up my R1S on Saturday, the SC rep even agreed that the new guide system sucks balls.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not anymore... They no longer have assigned guides. They have guide groups. This started on January 5th. After that, it can take a couple days, if ever, to get a response from them.

When I picked up my R1S on Saturday, the SC rep even agreed that the new guide system sucks balls.
Are you saying no one has a dedicated guide anymore? Or only people placing orders after January 5th? My app still shows my dedicated guide and I'm expecting delivery this week or next.

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I got an email from my Guide, Erik, on December 30th letting me know that he was no longer my guide effective January 5th, and a Guide Group member would be contacting me.

That email never came.

I got a email later on about signing some documents from the new guide department..

[email protected]

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got an email from my Guide, Erik, on December 30th letting me know that he was no longer my guide, and a Guide Group member would be contacting me.

That email never came.

I got a email later on about signing some documents from the new guide department..

[email protected]
That's odd -- I also had Erik, and he told me a new guide would be assigned right before he took on his new role. That new guide reached out to me directly a few days later, and I've had a dedicated guide assigned since. Maybe because my preorder is from 2021 they kept me with a dedicated guide for some reason?

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
That's odd -- I also had Erik, and he told me a new guide would be assigned right before he took on his new role. That new guide reached out to me directly a few days later, and I've had a dedicated guide assigned since. Maybe because my preorder is from 2021 they kept me with a dedicated guide for some reason?
That could be... I am pre-order from January 2022.

Edit: Are you delivered?

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Wow.... I am literally talking to the Guide Group on the phone right now..

My apologies for giving bad info.. I did not have all the info.

So the Guide Groups is a pilot program, and only certain people are in it. No idea who/why/what are selected for this "pilot program". But some how I am in it... And so far I hate it.