Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Darn it, they wrapped the mirror cap so we can't see the color underneath. No state sticker either...

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Looks like the roof slopes towards the back a little more than in the prototype shown at the reveal.
It looks like they dropped the whole roof line by an inch or two. I hope it still has headroom for adults in the third row.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It looks like they dropped the whole roof line by an inch or two. I hope it still has headroom for adults in the third row.
I believe they did & even mentioned that on a recent podcast/YouTube episode.

Sponsored

AlexL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Yes! Still a potiental deal breaker for me. Crazy we still have zero confirmed info on 3rd row access and cargo.
Looks like it is officially confirmed by Rivian that the seats do fold flat to 3 degrees!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Spotted Out Testing! Screenshot_20210221-182715_Chrome

Admin edit - added some seat folded photos from preproduction Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Spotted Out Testing! rivian seats folded flat 1

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Spotted Out Testing! rivian seats folded flat

Last edited by a moderator:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Not to sound negative, but this has been on the website for a while. I think the outstanding questions have a lot to do with what "nearly flat" means, whether there will be gaps in between seats, things like that.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Looks like it is officially confirmed by Rivian that the seats do fold flat to 3 degrees!

Screenshot_20210221-182715_Chrome.jpg

Admin edit - added some seat folded photos from preproduction Rivian.

rivian seats folded flat 1.jpeg

rivian seats folded flat.jpg

How TF is that flat? its like a 8" height difference?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
How TF is that flat? its like a 8" height difference?
I believe that if you flip the separators (not sure what I should call them) toward the hatch, you will find the difference is minimal.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I believe that if you flip the separators (not sure what I should call them) toward the hatch, you will find the difference is minimal.
No, the prototype has a 4-6" step. If the production truck is even remotely close to that I will be foregoing LE and waiting for the 2 row.

Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
The pre-production unit is clearly not 3 degrees. It would be reasonable to conclude this was dramatically changed for the production units as the support website content was released more recently than the prototype builds.

AlexL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
The pre-production unit is clearly not 3 degrees. It would be reasonable to conclude this was dramatically changed for the production units as the support website content was released more recently than the prototype builds.
I want to think this is the right assumption. I got the following answer from CS:
"That's right! The second and third rows of the R1S fold nearly flat to about 3° as stated on the website. The second row has a 60/40 split and can slide forward/backward to increase legroom and allow easier access to the third row. The third row is fixed and thus cannot slide back or forward. I've attached a photo to help demonstrate this. Still, we'll have more details and photos available to help our community better visualize this as we get closer to deliveries as well. Keep your eyes out!"

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Spotted Out Testing! Screenshot_20210222-142556_Chrome

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
"Another Rivian wrapped R1S electric vehicle spotted in Uptown Normal today." - @WGLTnews

EutGzHtWYA4uK-K.jpeg

Eutfw6CXEAMwqvm.jpeg

Eutfw5_WYAEWxRF.jpeg
Really like the proportions of the vehicle especially from the back.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Yes! Still a potiental deal breaker for me. Crazy we still have zero confirmed info on 3rd row access and cargo.
Jeep posted a video of the 2nd and 3rd row in their new Grand Cherokee L in early April... Didnt seem that hard to do

It shows 27 secs in that it will have the feature some children car seat users like me desire: 3rd row access with car seats installed (same on the 2nd row bench version). As a PHEV version should come out this summer, it might be another option for some if the R1S seats are not what we want/expect...

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Ow, my eyes...my eyes!

AD0120B6-3A85-4A30-A88E-74530276ED22.png
On the way to take my kids to school today I saw a R1S with this wrap and manufacturer plates on the 2 today from La Cananda until they went onto the 5. Now my kids wants me to get this wrap on our truck. Wonder if El Segundo is giving this as a loaner!
Sponsored