R1S guide contact?

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Not really open to the public but I was greeted by a Rivian employee who kindly let me look around the lot briefly after I told him I have a R1S reservation. Hey, the gate was open.
That is exactly what I need...I also have an R1S reservation and would love to see LA Silver and Rivian Blue so I can choose between them...or another color. I don't need a tour or a rep to show me the R1T...I just want to see the colors...and maybe the different tire styles.
Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That is exactly what I need...I also have an R1S reservation and would love to see LA Silver and Rivian Blue so I can choose between them...or another color. I don't need a tour or a rep to show me the R1T...I just want to see the colors...and maybe the different tire styles.
They had R1Ts in both of those colors there today. I really wanted to see all the Rivian wheel choices in person and it was great to finally do that.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
They had R1Ts in both of those colors there today. I really wanted to see all the Rivian wheel choices in person and it was great to finally do that.
Did you have to make an appointment, or did you just walk up and start gawking at R1T's (like I would like to do)?

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Did you have to make an appointment, or did you just walk up and start gawking at R1T's (like I would like to do)?
1. Intruded, 2. Gawked, 3. Intercepted on the lot by a nice Rivian employee, 4. Additional Gawking, 5. Departed.

Definitely not by appointment. 😉

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Had a nice conversation with my guide Alex T. I actually just pinged this morning via text (noticed the number in my online account) and she already replied and scheduled a call 1 hour after first contact. Pretty impressive turnaround.

She walked through next steps but was unable to provide more precise dates as the vehicles are being made now vs. building up inventory and matching with a completed car. She had a ton of helpful and honest feedback about the vehicle. TLDR: we have a few little ones and need to occasionally transport aging parents so I asked about third row access. She has sat in the vehicle and has one on order for herself. The key points for me were:
  1. Second row has tilt, no slide apparently, so it's harder to get into the third row than full sized suv's or a van (this was kind of expected).
  2. Hard for older folks to get in to the car (period), due to the height of the car even on low and especially for third row access due to the lack of slide mechanism in the second row)
  3. Third row seat room (Tight, not for roadtrips for an adult but ok for short jaunts). A coworker 5'10" was able to fit in the third row but definitely not for long trips
  4. The shoulder room is much better than an X (boxy vs. sloped. this was also expected).
She didn't sugar coat the downsides of the R1S vs a minivan or larger SUV and was super honest. A+ for not overselling the vehicle/company. I guess at this stage, if we have committed for 3.5 years they are pretty confident they have us as customers through the purchase so they can skip the overselling part :).

No signs of delays but I'm not sure if she would have been privy to that information. Good call overall, gives me hopes that they are indeed on track to deliver. (April-May window)

Sponsored

caliwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Jeep Wrangler, Volvo XC90
Had a nice conversation with my guide Alex T. I actually just pinged this morning via text (noticed the number in my online account) and she already replied and scheduled a call 1 hour after first contact. Pretty impressive turnaround.

She walked through next steps but was unable to provide more precise dates as the vehicles are being made now vs. building up inventory and matching with a completed car. She had a ton of helpful and honest feedback about the vehicle. TLDR: we have a few little ones and need to occasionally transport aging parents so I asked about third row access. She has sat in the vehicle and has one on order for herself. The key points for me were:
  1. Second row has tilt, no slide apparently, so it's harder to get into the third row than full sized suv's or a van (this was kind of expected).
  2. Hard for older folks to get in to the car (period), due to the height of the car even on low and especially for third row access due to the lack of slide mechanism in the second row)
  3. Third row seat room (Tight, not for roadtrips for an adult but ok for short jaunts). A coworker 5'10" was able to fit in the third row but definitely not for long trips
  4. The shoulder room is much better than an X (boxy vs. sloped. this was also expected).
She didn't sugar coat the downsides of the R1S vs a minivan or larger SUV and was super honest. A+ for not overselling the vehicle/company. I guess at this stage, if we have committed for 3.5 years they are pretty confident they have us as customers through the purchase so they can skip the overselling part :).

No signs of delays but I'm not sure if she would have been privy to that information. Good call overall, gives me hopes that they are indeed on track to deliver. (April-May window)
Yikes, no slide mechanism on row 2? I wonder if the only thing that tilts is the seat back, or the entire seat? Even the 4Runner has a 2nd row that tilts and slides. And of course much of the competition offers "car seat friendly tilt." I'm curious what they were benchmarking for 3rd row access.

I'm gonna remain optimistic and say part of the R1S delay is from them trying to get the third row right (which in the process required them to make it standard equipment), so maybe space and access will be improved from the prototype Alex apparently experienced.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
I agree, looks like the 2022.11.2 release is going out now. I wonder if they were waiting for that. We have not seen any R1S being transported yet and no owners manual.

I guess the good news is it is getting close and once the R1T floodgates opened things started moving pretty fast.

It does seem like the R1S might be built to configurations as opposed to the R1T which seemed more like they were building and shipping then matching to a buyer. I only say that because 1 person changed the wheels and guide told them it would not impact the timeline.

Fingers crossed we start seeing movement s00n….
I like where your heads at .. re: building to buyer specs. And I like your build specs!

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Yikes, no slide mechanism on row 2? I wonder if the only thing that tilts is the seat back, or the entire seat? Even the 4Runner has a 2nd row that tilts and slides. And of course much of the competition offers "car seat friendly tilt." I'm curious what they were benchmarking for 3rd row access.

I'm gonna remain optimistic and say part of the R1S delay is from them trying to get the third row right (which in the process required them to make it standard equipment), so maybe space and access will be improved from the prototype Alex apparently experienced.
For what it's worth, I was told on my Guide call on 4/4 that the second row did slide. But, he also said the second row was 60/40, later said it could have changed since he was in it. RJ is seen in a video showing the backs of the second row being able to fold 40/20/40. Same in our X7 the backs would fold 40/20/40, but the bottom seats were fixed at 60/40 and slid. I hope that makes it to production. s00n we should hopefully know...

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Me too, Mar-Apr, and being told I’ll be assigned one soon from CS, and so far nothing 😞. I seriously doubt they make deliveries by the end of April
I think they must be doing it geographically. I'm 2018 launch edition with zero email or guide contact. I don't know anyone else from the Utah area contacted by a guide.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
For my fellow Ohio pre-order holders, Jenny shared that the vehicles would come from either the Cincy or Cleveland service centers. New news to me at least. Configuration is now locked!
Interesting! That might be the first confirmation that the Cincinnati location is legit. I wonder if it's open yet. That might be the location mine comes from, assuming we don't get our own Louisville SC. Gives me hope that they might be reaching out to us soon.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I received the introductory email from my guide tonight unprovoked, and have scheduled my call for lunchtime Wednesday.

StefanB

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales and BD
I spoke with my guide, Susan N., on Tuesday. She was very nice and knowledgable about the process. She confirmed my configuration and said they are building them now. Of note, the purchase agreement that sets off he 8 stage steps is sent after they have your VIN. So when you get that email you are really close to getting your vehicle. I asked if there was any delays due to my config and she said no. The goal for R1S customers being contacted was to have us in our vehicles in 6-10 weeks or less from first contact. Fingers crossed!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I spoke with my guide, Susan N., on Tuesday. She was very nice and knowledgable about the process. She confirmed my configuration and said they are building them now. Of note, the purchase agreement that sets off he 8 stage steps is sent after they have your VIN. So when you get that email you are really close to getting your vehicle. I asked if there was any delays due to my config and she said no. The goal for R1S customers being contacted was to have us in our vehicles in 6-10 weeks or less from first contact. Fingers crossed!
So if the target is 6-10 weeks from first contact that would lead me to think if someone (ok it’s me 😁) had a June/July window they (I) would expect guide contact sometime in the first 2 weeks of May. 🤞🏻

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S-LE preorder
Got my email 4/15 saying my guide will reach out next week. Checked my Rivian account and sure enough there is a guide assigned!

Curious though... my email references an R1T but I have an R1S preordered. But there could be some confusion because I originally (Apr 2019) ordered the R1S, but then in June of 2021 I changed to the T. And then again in Feb of 2022 I changed back to the S.

For those who care, my R1S is configured as LE, LG, AT20"dark

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Got my email 4/15 saying my guide will reach out next week. Checked my Rivian account and sure enough there is a guide assigned!

Curious though... my email references an R1T but I have an R1S preordered. But there could be some confusion because I originally (Apr 2019) ordered the R1S, but then in June of 2021 I changed to the T. And then again in Feb of 2022 I changed back to the S.

For those who care, my R1S is configured as LE, LG, AT20"dark
Yeah I had the same thing happen. Originally reserved the T, then changed to the S. The email says they will be calling me about the T haha...
I figure as long as I can get a guide, I can sort through any confusion with them from there!
Sponsored