Sponsored

R1S Design Appreciation - Chonky Goodness

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I just love this thing. Personally I find the design of most new cars these days to be over stated and gaudy. Everything looks like it was designed by a marketing committee instead of artists. But not the R1S. It's so chonky while also being modern. I friggin' can't wait to get mine (1H23). You'll think I'm nuts but I was playing around with the configurator and noticed that the colors transition. So I managed to get some screen captures during the transition for fun. ?

I present Torch Lake, Nebula, and Sandstone - new colors for 2023. ?
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Design Appreciation - Chonky Goodness Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 4.26.51 PM

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Design Appreciation - Chonky Goodness Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 4.22.25 PM

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Design Appreciation - Chonky Goodness Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 4.21.56 PM
Sponsored

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I was really blown away by it when I saw the prototype at the Seattle pre-order holders event in 2019. I know ours will be a bit different, since itā€™s gotten longer since thenā€¦ but I canā€™t wait to get behind the wheel. Iā€™d take it in Nebula:)

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Man, those all look amazing. I'm sad the trend with car manufacturers is to offer fewer and fewer colors over time.

I'd take one in each of those (along with compass yellow, forest green, and Rivian blue). Just need a spare half-million dollars (gotta have some change under the couch somewhere, right?) :CWL:

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

That "Nebula" color is right up my alley! What color combinations makes that transition?

Also, 100% agree with the design of R1S. I definitely think it will age well.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Man, those all look amazing. I'm sad the trend with car manufacturers is to offer fewer and fewer colors over time.

I'd take one in each of those (along with compass yellow, forest green, and Rivian blue). Just need a spare half-million dollars (gotta have some change under the couch somewhere, right?) :CWL:
At least rivian has several real colours

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
The R1S is the superior looking vehicle of the two. It just looks less fussy. Where the cab ends and the bed starts on the R1T has always looked odd. I say this as someone who has an R1T on order. It has the better gimmicks.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
At least rivian has several real colours
Yes, exactly! It's one of the (many) reasons I couldn't see myself switching away from Rivian even with this weeks "excitement". Nobody else wants to make vehicles with color. Rivian has three I would love to own already. Even Red Canyon looks nice in photos, and I don't go for red vehicles.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Yes, exactly! It's one of the (many) reasons I couldn't see myself switching away from Rivian even with this weeks "excitement". Nobody else wants to make vehicles with color. Rivian has three I would love to own already. Even Red Canyon looks nice in photos, and I don't go for red vehicles.
Red canyon is beautiful. Have only seen a sample of it. But itā€™s real nice and is evocative of the geology itā€™s named for.
If I could handle something rivian sized in red Iā€™d go for it. Same with yellow. I drove a yellow R1Tā€¦

All of their colours are great and pictures do not do them justice.

OP
OP
Mister Person

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

That "Nebula" color is right up my alley! What color combinations makes that transition?

Also, 100% agree with the design of R1S. I definitely think it will age well.
Nebula is a mix of Canyon Red and Rivian Blue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mister Person

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

The R1S is the superior looking vehicle of the two. It just looks less fussy. Where the cab ends and the bed starts on the R1T has always looked odd. I say this as someone who has an R1T on order. It has the better gimmicks.
I totally agree. R1S > R1T (at least design-wise).

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Wraps will be popular. The vehicle is relatively flat and slab sided.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I was really blown away by it when I saw the prototype at the Seattle pre-order holders event in 2019. I know ours will be a bit different, since itā€™s gotten longer since thenā€¦ but I canā€™t wait to get behind the wheel. Iā€™d take it in Nebula:)
Did you attend in the afternoon or the evening hailstorm time slot?

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Red canyon is beautiful. Have only seen a sample of it. But itā€™s real nice and is evocative of the geology itā€™s named for.
If I could handle something rivian sized in red Iā€™d go for it. Same with yellow. I drove a yellow R1Tā€¦

All of their colours are great and pictures do not do them justice.
I must say that I was hesitant with the colors and wanted to go with a safe Gray of Black color. But when I drop I saw the colors in real life...what a huge difference, they all looked amazing. Until I got i drove a Rivian Blue R1T....that just took my breath away, so I have a blue R1S on order now :)

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I must say that I was hesitant with the colors and wanted to go with a safe Gray of Black color. But when I drop I saw the colors in real life...what a huge difference, they all looked amazing. Until I got i drove a Rivian Blue R1T....that just took my breath away, so I have a blue R1S on order now :)
This is my #1 reason for wanting to see them in person. I'm reserved for Blue, but I need to see Canyon Red before my delivery in 6 months, hopefully.
Sponsored