Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Wow, well if you're first half of 2023, mine is going to be way later.

I'm even on the friends and family "list" but it really doesn't seem to do much because from what I hear there are a LOT of people on that list.

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade
Same sh*t... ordered Jan'19... disappointed and probably will be looking at other options...

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
It is not an OC interior issue.

I have a LE R1S with BM interior and got the same window.

I was expecting 2023 but a 6-month window is a joke.

I may get my 2024 BEV Range Rover Sport first.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Same sh*t... ordered Jan'19... disappointed and probably will be looking at other options...
I was just talking with my wife on what she wants to do. Not a lot of other EV options at the moment. We will probably put down deposits on other electric SUVs as they hit the market (XC90 EV, Polestar 3, EQS SUV, Ioniq 7 etc).

No sense in cancelling the R1S at the moment, but it is getting harder to justify. It also makes me more concerned about the survivability of Rivian in the long run. If they aren't delivering vehicles, they aren't making money. I don't want an $80k Fisker Karma.

Switching to an R1T is an option as well, but my wife won't be happy.

Sponsored

4mk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I got the same letter, It will be 3 years on this waitlist if I get the R1S in June of 2023. a year from now. Totally frustrated.

"Your Launch Edition package R1S estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023."

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I was just talking with my wife on what she wants to do. Not a lot of other EV options at the moment. We will probably put down deposits on other electric SUVs as they hit the market (XC90 EV, Polestar 3, EQS SUV, Ioniq 7 etc).

No sense in cancelling the R1S at the moment, but it is getting harder to justify. It also makes me more concerned about the survivability of Rivian in the long run. If they aren't delivering vehicles, they aren't making money. I don't want an $80k Fisker Karma.

For me it’s hard to justify any trust in the company.

I imagine with supply chain and inflation I’ll keep my reservation and buy even if I just flip it immediately because I get something from another company.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Same here, ordered summer of 2020 with original delivery of July-Sept 2022. Pretty bummed. Not going to cancel as others have said, no reason to, but geez.

There is no way this happens Jan 1st 2023, you basically should county on this day next year (which would be the last day of the first half of the year) at the earliest. :(

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade

Thinking along the same lines

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

Don’t forget the Kia EV9! I’m probably putting an order down for that when they’re available!

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Just got my email! What does first half of 2023 even mean! ANYTIME BETWEEN January & June!! GOOD LORD!!!! 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 :angry:

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Just got my email! What does first half of 2023 even mean! ANYTIME BETWEEN January & June!! GOOD LORD!!!! 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 :angry:
Honestly I don't view this as a new delivery window, but simply kicking the can down the road. They really don't know when our deliveries will happen. Maybe between now and the heat death of the universe.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

It means plan on July 1, 2023. Anything earlier is a nice surprise

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Wow, well if you're first half of 2023, mine is going to be way later.

I'm even on the friends and family "list" but it really doesn't seem to do much because from what I hear there are a LOT of people on that list.
Start a YT channel. That should bump you up 🤣
Sponsored