Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

I opened a support ticket with Rivian and they were able to reprogram my car for 20” rims over the air! That is really fantastic service and software. Kudos, Rivian!
1) Had you purchased new Rivian wheels/tires?

2) What were you charged for the programming?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
They still told me yesterday that they need a service appointment to do it.

Sponsored

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I did it last week and had to go the the SC. They actually had to downgrade my software back to .38 to push it through. In the past there had been reports that they would only update for Rivian OEM wheels.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Surely you are saying they will program OTA or plan to, and it hasn't happened yet. There's no way they charged me $120 for funsy.

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Surely you are saying they will program OTA or plan to, and it hasn't happened yet. There's no way they charged me $120 for funsy.
Well… they called me this afternoon and told me they pushed the update OTA. I checked the mobile app., saw 20” rims in the image, and got excited.

Then I came home and checked the infotainment system itself… and the car was still at 21”. I called support and did a hard reset, but again no update. Finally, support told me I need to come in for service, which I will do next week.

I don’t know if this is a new feature that failed, or if one or more support agents is just really, really confused. Sorry for the false alarm!

Last edited:

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I opened a support ticket with Rivian and they were able to reprogram my car for 20” rims over the air! That is really fantastic service and software. Kudos, Rivian!
Yeah they got me with this one as well.

So …

Now I have an appt next week for some simple stuff, and was planning to have the wheel config changed. They said it would be free to make the switch. I eagerly await confirmation of this news.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Well… they called me this afternoon and told me they pushed the update OTA. I checked the mobile app., saw 20” rims in the image, and got excited.

Then I came home and checked the infotainment system itself… and the car was still at 21”. I called support and did a hard reset, but again no update. Finally, support told me I need to come in for service, which I will do next week.

I don’t know if this is a new feature that failed, or if one or more support agents is really, really confused. Sorry for the false alarm!
Mine is the opposite. I started with 20s and wanted 21s. The app now still shows 20s and info shows 21s.

Sponsored

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

@NineElectrics All good. At least we have solid reassurance they are still working on it. We’ll get a victory soon!

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Well that was a roller coaster, but thank you for trying!

While you're all here, has anyone had luck getting them to change to a 21/22 if we come in with 33" tires? You know, like snow tires? Asking for myself.

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The service center ended up taking care of my wheel change quickly. It wasn’t as magic as an OTA update, but it was actually a pretty good experience.

Rivian805

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The service center ended up taking care of my wheel change quickly. It wasn’t as magic as an OTA update, but it was actually a pretty good experience.
What about your mobile app? Does it show correctly?
Sponsored