Sponsored

Problems problems, all these damn problems! Let's hear from those who've had little / no issues! 🗯️

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
My R1S delivered in early January, 300 miles. Had some relatively minor issues that were addressed. Rear door was binding with driver side door. PPF installer adjusted the rear door brackets and door fit. Problem solved.
Then the hood suddenly will not close; got almost to the bottom and would bounce back up. I will post the absurd and unbelievable issue of that and how it was fixed by Rivian in 1 minute!

Rivian R1T R1S Problems problems, all these damn problems! Let's hear from those who've had little / no issues! 🗯️ RIVAN HOOD 2
Sponsored

Lisa & Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20217 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
theoldbaileyplace.com, Escalante, Utah.
Clubs

We:ve done three round trips of 650 miles. Never a problem. Vehicle was perfect at delivery

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche 911 C4S, 2022 Rivian R1T
R1T, VIN<14XXX and 24,000 miles driven. Live 100 miles from the service center. One service center visit for a non-Rivian issue which was repaired in 3 days with an A+ service experience. Software updates have been great. No issues - love the truck!

bdwalters

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Hardware Engineer
My R1S 10/23 build was just about flawless.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Update on my post from two months ago. Took delivery of my R1T on 9/12/23. Now have over 5100 miles on it. It has been virtually flawless. Hands down the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a bunch. I just love driving this thing. It’s like a drug 😊 And, because it is ever evolving with monthly updates, it just keeps getting better and better. Today, it is a very noticeably better vehicle than the day I bought it. Keep it up Rivian!

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

R1T 17xx (early build), minor challenges. All resolved quickly. Zero issues last 24,000 miles. R1S, flawless. Powered tonneau still working at 40,000 miles.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
15k miles on my Feb '23 R1S. So far no issues that a reset didn't fix. It's been incredible.

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
My R1S frunk worked well for the first few days (delivered in January). Suddenly, hood would not close; got very close to the bottom just to bounce right back up with the object-detected warning on the display.
Rivian Mobile Service came yesterday, and fixed it in one minute. The issue: the two rear fasteners, one on either end at the very back holding trim around frunk had popped up ever so slightly, unnoticeable, yet enough to block frunk. Pushed back in. Hood works just fine.

Rivian R1T R1S Problems problems, all these damn problems! Let's hear from those who've had little / no issues! 🗯️ RIVAN HOOD 1

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
Yeah, like most, I have my problems, luckily my Rivian isn't one of them!

I am the happy owner of a 2022 R1T with just over 20,000 miles on it. Yes, I have read about everybody's issues, but I have been trouble free with my Rivian VIN xxx004911!

Seems like most threads are about some issue. Let's also hear from those who've had no or little issues so far. I am one of them.

There is something to be said about controlling 835 hp with my right foot!

Love my Rivian!
Every brand specific online forum that I have participated in tends toward the complaints. Most people just don’t take the time to post about satisfaction. I’ve just completed a 3800 mile winter trip towing a 8000 lb Airstream with my Dual Performance Max R1T (details in my posts) and I could not be more satisfied with the truck. I had a few minor issues, each resolved by rebooting the vehicle. My RAM 2500 HD will likely sit out our next long trip in favor of the R1T.
Sponsored