Sponsored

Price locked customers will soon be able to

R1Maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Clubs

In the latest email regarding the delay in delivery estimates from July to August Rivian included this statement to price-locked customers:

Dual-Motor AWD and Performance Dual-Motor AWD will be added to the configurator very soon. Dual-Motor balances efficiency and performance in all kinds of conditions. Performance Dual-Motor includes Sport mode and delivers additional horsepower and torque for drivers who like to have more power when they want it. Stay tuned for details on when you can choose these drive system options.
It’ll be very interesting to see how they handle dual motor pricing for price locked customers.

Note: I bet this is the real reason for the delay in delivery estimates. The accessories shouldn’t have much of an impact. However, quad motor orders switching to dual could have a huge impact.
Sponsored

endokendo

First Name
Endo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical
Agree with R1Maybe

Would be awesome if dual motor R1T / R1S are priced very attractively for price locked customers and make it a no brainer for purchase. R1T quad motor is ready to go and new customers may get their truck s00ner….let’s hope the Enduro motors are also ready to go!

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

It’ll be very interesting to see how they handle dual motor pricing for price locked customers.
Would be awesome if dual motor R1T / R1S are priced very attractively for price locked customers
This information has been published for R1T pre 3/1/2022 preorders and pre 5/25/2022 preorders for many months:

https://rivian.com/support/article/...Quad-Motor-AWD-Max-pack-R1T-from-configurator

Rivian R1T R1S Price locked customers will soon be able to IMG_2517

Some folks have been able to configure dual motor R1T’s with Large and Max Packs for quite some time. When I had the ability I remember the pricing being very odd. With one particular configuration, the Dual Performance was more expensive than the Quad motors

Rivian R1T R1S Price locked customers will soon be able to 1689235086083

I’m going to guess the OP is referring to R1S Dual Motor pricing? If so, that should be specified.

From browsing some Reddit comments, I think R1S preorders thus far have been told that switching from a Quad to Dual results in loss of pre 3/1 pricing. I guess we’ll see if that’s really the case when the configurator is updated.

endokendo

First Name
Endo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical
This information has been published for R1T pre 3/1/2022 preorders and pre 5/25/2022 preorders for many months:

https://rivian.com/support/article/...Quad-Motor-AWD-Max-pack-R1T-from-configurator

IMG_2517.jpeg

Some folks have been able to configure dual motor R1T’s with Large and Max Packs for quite some time. When I had the ability I remember the pricing being very odd. With one particular configuration, the Dual Performance was more expensive than the Quad motors

1689235086083.png

I’m going to guess the OP is referring to R1S Dual Motor pricing? If so, that should be specified.

From browsing some Reddit comments, I think R1S preorders thus far have been told that switching from a Quad to Dual results in loss of pre 3/1 pricing. I guess we’ll see if that’s really the case when the configurator is updated.

IMG_2517.jpeg

1689235086083.png

thanks for the update…looks like this only applies to those who had a Max Pack quad motor configured, and they were advised that Max Pack quad motor would no longer be made. Although this was tough news it was great to see a price reduction for the dual motor max pack R1T

Can you please confirm if the following is true? If the original order (pre-March 1, 2022 pricing) was a Launch Edition R1T or R1S), one could move to the dual motor R1T or R1S however It would be at the current price as per the website?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
If the original order (pre-March 1, 2022 pricing) was a Launch Edition R1T or R1S), one could move to the dual motor R1T or R1S however It would be at the current price as per the website?
Correct. That's how it currently is.

Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
thanks for the update…looks like this only applies to those who had a Max Pack quad motor configured, and they were advised that Max Pack quad motor would no longer be made. Although this was tough news it was great to see a price reduction for the dual motor max pack R1T

Can you please confirm if the following is true? If the original order (pre-March 1, 2022 pricing) was a Launch Edition R1T or R1S), one could move to the dual motor R1T or R1S however It would be at the current price as per the website?
I switched my Max Pack R1T to Large Pack R1S and retained pre-March pricing.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

QUAD MOTOR FTW.

Especially if you're a driving enthusiast and like to push your car hard.

It's not just about power, the torque vectoring is amazing and impressive. I haven't had a chance to try to off-road capability but I'm sure it will be just as impressive as on-road has been.

I am sold on the quad motor for sure.

Buddy of mine loves the R1S and we spoke about R2 in 2026. Both agreed a used Quad Motor R1S in 2026 would be a much better option than new dual motor R1 or loaded R2.

He has a jeep and loves to take it off-road.

alextakesphotos

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / 911
I'm on this really weird price point based on my reservation (May 2022) where I want the extra performance but for an extra 1k I can just get the quad motor & get the better performance, better warranty & probably better train in value later on. Sure I lose 17 miles of range but that is not that big of a deal for me. This is why I have been pushing for shop access so much because I dont want the dual to get here and be stuck with it. Anyone else feel the same way?

Rivian R1T R1S Price locked customers will soon be able to 1689257079689

OP
OP

R1Maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Clubs

I do have an R1S reservation but the email didn’t specify that this change was only for the R1S. but perhaps that’s the only folks it’d be relevant for.

The quad+max R1T -> dual+max discount pricing was obviously a special case since they stopped making the original configuration. They didn’t offer that discount to any other configuration.

I can’t imagine it’d be worth Rivian adding the dual motor option to the R1S configurator (and delaying delivery estimates) if they aren’t offering a discount relative to the quad. Who’s going to switch to the option of paying more for a worse vehicle?

That’s why I expect that with this addition they will change their policy that switching to dual motor loses your pre-order pricing. Instead I expect them to offer a discount to switch to dual from quad.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
In the latest email regarding the delay in delivery estimates from July to August Rivian included this statement to price-locked customers:

Note: I bet this is the real reason for the delay in delivery estimates. The accessories shouldn’t have much of an impact. However, quad motor orders switching to dual could have a huge impact.
By "price locked" do you mean pre-3/1? Past email, from pre-3/1 Quad-Max config, the price difference was -$4,500 for standard Dual-Max and -$2,000 for Performance Dual-Max.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

id be very surprised if they have a reduced price to get the dual motor if youre a price-locked quad order. i think that pre-3/1 price was a one time adjustment they had to make.

superfly_snook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Glacier White
I have a res prior to price change, R1S with large pack and quad motor which was the only option when I ordered. It will be interesting to see if I am able to change configuration to different drive and/or battery setups and what the cost impacts are.

OP
OP

R1Maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Clubs

By "price locked" do you mean pre-3/1? Past email, from pre-3/1 Quad-Max config, the price difference was -$4,500 for standard Dual-Max and -$2,000 for Performance Dual-Max.
Yeah, that’s true for R1T max pack. For the large pack R1S they’ve never had that setup. Perhaps they pricing diff would be the same but maybe not.

OP
OP

R1Maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Clubs

id be very surprised if they have a reduced price to get the dual motor if youre a price-locked quad order. i think that pre-3/1 price was a one time adjustment they had to make.
The reason I wouldn’t be surprised is that based on what we know dual motor is significantly cheaper for Rivian to produce. If they offer the user a $2k discount to switch but the vehicle costs $5k less to manufacture Rivian actually comes out ahead by $3k. From that perspective it’d be silly not to offer that option to the consumer.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

The reason I wouldn’t be surprised is that based on what we know dual motor is significantly cheaper for Rivian to produce. If they offer the user a $2k discount to switch but the vehicle costs $5k less to manufacture Rivian actually comes out ahead by $3k. From that perspective it’d be silly not to offer that option to the consumer.
thats a reasonable argument. would be great for customers but i dont think its unreasonable to make them pay current full price for a dual if they switch.
Sponsored