• Total voters
OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Ok, now I think they’re being coy - “only time will tell.” See response to my forwarding poll numbers. Please email customer support and let them know of your desired seat configuration. I don’t know anything about manufacturing but I would guess we only have a short time left to potentially influence design.

“Hi,

Thanks so much for your response. We're happy to hear back from you! We also appreciate you sharing those poll numbers with us.

We are always itching to hear what our community is hoping to see, so thank you for taking the time to express your interest in that 6-seat option for the R1S. I have 4 kids and a minivan, so I definitely understand the desire for easy access to the third row. Though, as we often have bonus kids with us, I'm also looking forward to that extra seat.

Only time will tell what Rivian has in the works for the future. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for being part of the Rivian community. Have a wonderful day!”
Sponsored

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
I would love a 6 seat option.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
The interior updates of the new Tesla Plaid Model S and X have gotten a lot of attention (and debate). But has anyone paid attention to the second-row seat of the new Model X?

At long last, Tesla finally put a fold-down center armrest with some storage in the rear seat of the Model S. But the second row of the Model X remains with no center armrest or storage whatsoever: no cupholders, no door pockets, no storage flap behind the rear seat. (Even with falcon wing doors, they could have put door pockets with locking lids.)

So, unless you're carrying a purse or wearing cargo pants or a pocketed vest, you've got no place to put your cell phone, sunglasses or reading glasses, or something to drink.

Either Tesla remains totally clueless about how people really use cars, or they rushed the updates to get the Plaid to market ahead of Lucid and put out a half-baked product. Either way, the Model X is useless as a long-range rear passenger hauler.

What a mess.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
The interior updates of the new Tesla Plaid Model S and X have gotten a lot of attention (and debate). But has anyone paid attention to the second-row seat of the new Model X?

At long last, Tesla finally put a fold-down center armrest with some storage in the rear seat of the Model S. But the second row of the Model X remains with no center armrest or storage whatsoever: no cupholders, no door pockets, no storage flap behind the rear seat. (Even with falcon wing doors, they could have put door pockets with locking lids.)

So, unless you're carrying a purse or wearing cargo pants or a pocketed vest, you've got no place to put your cell phone, sunglasses or reading glasses, or something to drink.

Either Tesla remains totally clueless about how people really use cars, or they rushed the updates to get the Plaid to market ahead of Lucid and put out a half-baked product. Either way, the Model X is useless as a long-range rear passenger hauler.

What a mess.
Cup holders have been an issue since 2012. I have no faith they will ever “get it”.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Tesla has always operated with hubris. They have innovated and have certainly driven the industry forward; but they take a "our way or the highway" approach.

Falcon Wing doors sounded and looked cool, at first, but they're not practical. There is no reason those should have been retained in any update of the Model X -- yet we still have to deal with them. Another example is, despite all the cameras and processing power that Tesla includes in its vehicles, they still do not have a "360-degree" view when reversing or parking.

Tesla focuses on what they want, and you're either 100% with them until the bitter end, or you're an outsider.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
If Tesla had come out with a decent pickup, I would have likely bought it if for no other reason than I’m spoiled by their charging infrastructure. Instead Elon went on a hallucinogen and Mad Max bender and we got the Cyber Truck. So I’m going elsewhere.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If Tesla had come out with a decent pickup, I would have likely bought it if for no other reason than I’m spoiled by their charging infrastructure. Instead Elon went on a hallucinogen and Mad Max bender and we got the Cyber Truck. So I’m going elsewhere.
Same. If Tesla had released a more conventional design, I almost certainly would have put down a reservation.

Instead, it's Rivian and GMC fighting it out, in my mind.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Forget number of seats, I just want this interior color option!

Something like this Range Rover? I doubt Rivian is going down that route any time soon, although it looks super-luxurious.
1614118391748.png

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Forget number of seats, I just want this interior color option!
Yes, I love brown interior seating. This color is great, and I really like darker browns as well.
Sponsored