Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I have posted this in another thread on PPF, but I have used Ken at InvisibleMask in the past with really good success. I am not great at the install but on my van I didn't really care. It looks really good from 5 feet away (as in there is no PPF visible), but up close it could be way better.

InvisibleMask.com Contact Us
I've used InvisibleMask before as well. No issues. Hope they get a Rivian template at some point.
Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Hi, I'm in SoCal as well, are you able to share the contact info for the guy you've used a couple times? Thanks
Sure. I use Pinnacle File Protection (https://www.yelp.com/biz/pinnacle-film-protection-tustin)

His name is Koosha and my friends and I have done several vehicles with him.

PFS (Precision Film Solutions) in Costa Mesa near the Ikea is also very good and you probably see them on Instagram/YouTube doing all the "influencer" cars and other high end exotics. They do a great job but charge a bit more. It is about $400 more from what I see.

My guy does the same level of work in his own garage and does a little more for you (trunk section, door handles, etc).

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

I installed the carbon fiber vinyl from twraps on the spokes of the 20" ATs amd love them. Originally had 20" Dark ATs configured but when guide said she she could match me immediately if I would switch to the "standard" ATs I jumped at the chance. These look great and have held up perfectly so far. Best yet I saved $3460!!!!🥰

Rivian R1T R1S PPF Affordable DIY from TWRAPS 20220603_202850

Rivian R1T R1S PPF Affordable DIY from TWRAPS 20220603_174435

Rivian R1T R1S PPF Affordable DIY from TWRAPS 20220601_134030

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

This looks way better than I expected. I may order some. I'm putting my matte screen protectors on in a minute.
Are you willing to make a referral to me for TWRAPS? You get $15 off and I get $15 off.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I've used InvisibleMask before as well. No issues. Hope they get a Rivian template at some point.
FYI- They have the Rivian Template done, order some PPF from them earlier this week

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I just think people should know that they’ll be able to touch up and re-clear their whole front bumper and quarter panels for less than a full PPF wrap whenever it seems prudent. It’s still so strange to me how obsessed this sub is with the stuff.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I just ordered TVwraps from amazon for headlights and front bumper (sorry didn't see this thread till now)

Can't beat the price. I've done this for previous cars where I worry the headlights will get pitted and lose clarity. I report back when I install, which might be a while before I have a chance to give the truck a good wash.

JJPMR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Occupation
Finance
I bought a bulk cut piece of XPEL ultimate or whatever it's called off eBay for $65 and covered the front grill piece.
Having never done it before, it was a learning experience and took a really long time. There are a handful of places that are noticable that it's a diy job but they are small and blend in with all the bugs i collect. As a bonus there was enough leftover of the ppf to cover the top portion of the tailgate above the light bar (the piece of the paint you touch when closing the tailgate), and the charge port door. IMO the Twraps piece is not sufficient, but I like what they are doing otherwise.
Do you mind share/PM me the ebay link for the XPEL file? I did a search and there are a lot of sellers and not sure their films are legit. Thanks

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

You should be careful when buying PPF from companies that didn't develop the template themselves (like we did). The reason is that everyone uses 3M or XPEL's templates, which are created for pros to install them. Unlike this, we've developed our own templates from scratch which are tailored for DIYers. Huge difference in installation difficulty and end results (unless you are a pro of course, in which case you probably already have access to said templates).

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You should be careful when buying PPF from companies that didn't develop the template themselves (like we did).
Nice to say, but I was honestly surprised how much of a gap I got on both sides of the hood piece, for instance. I was also surprised how much of a PITA the hood install was with the scoop in the hood, but that part has nothing to do with the template.
Sponsored