Sponsored

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Got it on the calendar! Would be great to eyeball a few Rivians in person! I imaging i'm a week or two away from having to finalize my order.
Sponsored

pogi

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 5; Infiniti QX60; Tesla MY
Clubs

thank you for setting this up, excited to see the vehicles in person, I will be a "maybe" as needing to run some dad duties.

Any info on when this event will end?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Get off work at 5, will head over ASAP after!

P.S. Fido's is great - they've hosted events for multiple nonprofits I support, donating a portion of their proceeds to the nonprofit each time.

Last edited:

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I’ll be there. Longgggg time lurker, 1/21 reservation holder, and still haven’t seen a R1T in person. Will be a perfect appetizer to my test drive on Saturday. Thanks Duck for organizing and to all for sharing their new toys.
How are you all getting test drives?!

Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Hello Rivian Owners, Reservation Holders and Fans!

On Friday, April 8th, we have a get together planned at Fido's Tap House/48th North Pizzeria in Tigard. The addess is 7700 SW Dartmouth St #110, Tigard, OR 97223. The businesses share the same space and have outdoor, and a tented table area outside, in addition to indoor seating. They sit in the N.W. corner of Walmart's parking lot, which is to the N.E. of Highway 217, between Hwy 99 to the West, and I-5 to the East. Of course, feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, or both. With plenty of beer and sharp eating utensils, what could go wrong? If contemplating bringing kids, I'd encourage you to call them 503-941-5757 to let them talk you out of that.

The far side of the lot includes an ElectrifyAmerica station With 15 CCS chargers (four 350's, eleven 150's) plus one CHAdeMO plug. At lunchtime today, all looked to be functional, none were in use, and there was no ICE'ing going on.

Fido's/48th North don't open until 3:00 P.M., and I'm guessing most folks will be there at 5:00 or shortly thereafter. That said, I plan to get there early (4'ish), you know, just to make sure the beer is cold and plentiful. The menu and other pics are attached here. Fido's does Growler fills, as well. Also, as the name implies, this is a pet-friendly establishment, so feel free to bring your dogs! FWIW, I'll be leaving my cats at home....

Please feel free to respond here, or message me to share your intent, as William (on the Pizzeria side) would like an inkling as to how many we might have. The pizza and tap house sit in the far corner of the parking lot from Walmart, to your right as you enter the lot using either driveway. William tells me we should have plenty of space to park any Rivians in one location, right outside the door.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have everyone's phone number for this and future events, including the OEVA EarthDay gathering in Wilsonville on Saturday the 23rd of April, starting at 10:00 in the morning (more elsewhere here, and to follow).

While we can head to more unique and fun properties in the future (one of McMenamins' locations, perhaps), I thought we'd start here to allow anyone in need of a charge to take advantage of ElectrifyAmerica's station and the proximity to the freeway.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

(p.s. bring your Growlers to fill them, as Fido's has a great selection of brews!)

Screenshot_20220401-152239_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220401-152331_Maps.jpg

20220401_120829.jpg

20220401_121016.jpg

20220401_121654.jpg

20220401_121222.jpg

20220401_120939.jpg
Thank for putting this on. I will be out of town, but I look forward meeting up with you all another time. Have fun!

Drott

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 2011
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I reieved an email invite to sign up, was rather surprised to be honest. Maybe reach out to CS? Last I checked, there were a few spots still available.

How are you all getting test drives?!

jma

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, Tesla MYP, Rivian R1S (on preorder)
Occupation
Infrastructure architect
I will try to be there. Want to see a R1T in person.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I reieved an email invite to sign up, was rather surprised to be honest. Maybe reach out to CS? Last I checked, there were a few spots still available.
I can't fly from Phx to Portland for a test drive. Hopefully Phx is a big enough market that Rivian will have test drives here.

Sponsored

MooreND23

First Name
MicHael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Yukon Denali XL, 2019 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Physician
Clubs

I’ll be there with my wife (01/18/21 R1S order) (12/28/21 R1T order for me) and two kids and dog. Thank you so much for organizing. Never seen one in person and can’t wait.

sperson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota (Prius, Rav4, Sienna), Honda Clarity
Occupation
The Cybers
Wish I could be there. 1/21 R1S reservation holder. Literally just saw my first Rivian IRL at Grocery Outlet here in Scappoose. What a beauty. Looking forward to future meetups.

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th IMG_9083

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Wish I could be there. 1/21 R1S reservation holder. Literally just saw my first Rivian IRL at Grocery Outlet here in Scappoose. What a beauty. Looking forward to future meetups.

IMG_9083.jpg
Haha, hey that's my pickup :) Happy to let you take a closer look at it if our paths cross around town as I live in the area.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
Just confirmed my First Mile drive for April 20th. There are slots still available for that day and the 26th. Check your account if you are close. There was a new events calendar icon on the left nav area...
Sponsored