Sponsored

How often do you use your camp speaker?

• Total voters

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you use the "camp" speaker while camping, you are probably not very considerate of others :)

Blasting music while camping is probably one of the more annoying things one can do.

I don't have the truck yet, but I can't imagine ever using it. The flashlight however, I expect to come in very handy.
Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Do all the trucks come with that? Will probably throw it right in the trash. Or try to sell it on Marketplace. 😆

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I’ve found the flashlight very useful. The camp speaker gets used in the house or in the garage but not very often. I also find its interface to be a bit clunky and the very loud pairing/disconnect chime is super annoying. Last time I had it in the truck, it failed to charge. Wish there was some way to check on its charge level from the truck UI and also a positive acknowledgement that it’s seated and locked correctly and able to charge.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
If you use the "camp" speaker while camping, you are probably not very considerate of others :)

Blasting music while camping is probably one of the more annoying things one can do.

I don't have the truck yet, but I can't imagine ever using it. The flashlight however, I expect to come in very handy.
The camp speaker has a low bass mode (and volume control) so you don't bother others at your site. It also has a lantern that makes it pretty useful while camping.

And you are correct about the flashlight - very handy.

Seartrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can only speak for myself, but I find the flashlight and speaker convenient, and I like that I never forget to bring them. I use them about 1-2 times a month. Recently I was invited to my first Guy Fawkes Night party, and the host's speaker died and nobody had one that worked, including the kids. Out came the Rivian camp speaker and it was great- loud, clear, and people loved the lantern on the table near the bonfire. So again, having it with me saved the day.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Just because You don't use these things frequently doesn't mean they aren't used by others or useful generally. I use both my speaker and flashlight on the weekly for various reasons and am very grateful for the seamless* integration into the body, instead of another "thing" floating around the truck or to forget when I pack up for trips.

The audience here is a little more "advanced" when it comes to trucking, DIY, etc as well. So for* the Average Gary, these are probably game changers and lovely additions.

Just because "I" don't use it. So far the poll says over 70% of people don't. Sounds more like just because "you" do use it doesn't mean others do. :CWL:

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Selected "almost never" as the closest option since "never" wasn't available as a choice. Absolutely no use for it. I put in an organizer in the floor space in front to make that space usable and keep things organized.

My personal thought is, I'd like to find another speaker to gut and make it a storage drawer instead. Interior storage space in the cab is limited in the Rivian, would be a great place to store additional things out of sight. Being that I NEVER use the one I have, maybe I'll just gut that one? Only because of resale value, have I not already done it.

epowermarine

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well.. wonder what the next cost savings cut will be. 😶

that said. Considering how big that center console is with the camp speaker under it would have been a cool spot for a little built in fridge/cooler.
Wonder if the aftermarket would ever come up with a little cartridge based cold box that slides into the speaker slot, hangs out the front a little bit, uses the power already there for the speaker to allow you to keep 4-6 cold drinks in there. Would have to be a Peltier base cold plate or something like that.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Took it out and use that additional space to store my photography bean bag. 😆

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I selected almost never, but its really a "I forget I even have it".

Where the flashlight is almost never, but it's because I need it so little that I'm glad its there for when I do need it.

I would have preferred a tiny two drink cooler over the camp speaker.

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Wonder if the aftermarket would ever come up with a little cartridge based cold box that slides into the speaker slot, hangs out the front a little bit, uses the power already there for the speaker to allow you to keep 4-6 cold drinks in there. Would have to be a Peltier base cold plate or something like that.
Rivian roadies! Like the way you think. 😉

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
never

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

You need a “Never” option. Posting for a friend. :)

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
FWIW, I would use it a bit more often in the garage and whatnot if it was a bit less wonky cutting in and out. Haven't yet figured it out but the speaker seems to arm wrestle between the vehicle's Spotify and my Iphone.

Presume it is something as easy as turning off the Paak/vehicle Spotify, not sure. It also looks like the recent firmware update might tighten up the Paak/proximity issues.
Sponsored