First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
I would like to drive my R1T from South Florida to North Georgia soon. I was wondering if PlugShare is the best app to plan my trip with charging. Thabks
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I would like to drive my R1T from South Florida to North Georgia soon. I was wondering if PlugShare is the best app to plan my trip with charging. Thabks
PlugShare is great for finding chargers and recent status. A Better Route Planner (ABRP) is the best utility for route planning, but its database of chargers isn't as current.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
PlugShare is great for checking out charging stations and validating they’re working as you can’t always believe the EA app. In addition, it can be relatively real time. Please contribute by checking in and letting other users know your experience at a specific station and/or pedestal/dispenser.

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
I use ABRP to figure out the number of charging stops, but as others have noted, its not up to date, so you see may not see all EA stations.

i recently drove from Broward County to Atlanta and used EA primarily, all the way to ATL, with the exception of one FPL charging station in central Florida on the Turnpike, when I could not find a working EA station.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
PlugShare is great for finding chargers and recent status. A Better Route Planner (ABRP) is the best utility for route planning, but its database of chargers isn't as current.
Thank you!

OP
OP

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
PlugShare is great for checking out charging stations and validating they’re working as you can’t always believe the EA app. In addition, it can be relatively real time. Please contribute by checking in and letting other users know your experience at a specific station and/or pedestal/dispenser.
Thank you and will do.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is there a reason why I would want to only use EA chargers? Sorry for the ignorance.
Tend to be the fastest and most reliable option. Lots of other charge networks only put one or two stations in, so if they are down you can get stranded.

Plugshare is good for checking the status beforehand, I've personally never had an issue with a station that wasn't already documented there by someone else.

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
All of this is good advice. With a little planning, your trip with be painless. I’ve found it works best to plan on ABRP then double check those charging stops on PlugShare. Reading recent reviews about the chargers that ABRP suggested on PlugShare will let you know if those are good charging stops. Also, all level 3 chargers are not equal. Try to avoid 50kw if you’re in a hurry. While a functioning 350kw is ideal, 150kw still gets you close to max charging speed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
Now I am getting nervous about my decision to drive.
:(

OP
OP

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
Just jumped on ABRP and started to enter my vehicle information. I have an R1T but what the heck is 105 Alpha, 135 Alpha, and 180 Alpha?

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Now I am getting nervous about my decision to drive.
:(
Don’t let it overwhelm you. You can also just hop in the truck and put the destination in the truck’s map, and it’ll do it all for you. If you’re in a hurry on the drive, 5 minutes of planning the night before might save you some charging time (but probably not a huge difference).

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Just jumped on ABRP and started to enter my vehicle information. I have an R1T but what the heck is 105 Alpha, 135 Alpha, and 180 Alpha?
That’s battery pack size. You have 135 alpha (large battery pack = 135kwh). All delivered r1t’s are currently 135kwh.

OP
OP

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
Don’t let it overwhelm you. You can also just hop in the truck and put the destination in the truck’s map, and it’ll do it all for you. If you’re in a hurry on the drive, 5 minutes of planning the night before might save you some charging time (but probably not a huge difference).
Thank you for the vote of confidence. :)
The map in my truck estimates my travel time as almost by 3 hours more. Are there settings I need to check to maximize efficiency?
Sponsored