Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, Leaf
Occupation
Qa
Clubs

I did a search and noticed there are >300 R1T's available for immediate purchase in the bay area zip codes.

I asked colleagues and friends in the Bay area, who had voiced real interest in purchasing/leasing a R1T, if they were still interested? Polling of n=12, of which all were in Biotech or IT/high tech. All said No. The main reason given was for (n=5) they recently lost their jobs. Others, worried about the economic situation and cost of a R1T.

The Bay area has been the economic driver for the US. I am seeing in my Field <Botech/Pharma> over 5K in Job layoffs in late 2023 to Jan 2024.

So, the numbers of R1Ts immediately available is a reflection of the job economic insecurity here. Are others seeing the same thing in their regions?

To me, this is something Rivian needs to worry about.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Once a recruiter always a recruiter?

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

I did a search and noticed there are >300 R1T's available for immediate purchase in the bay area zip codes.

So, the numbers of R1Ts immediately available is a reflection of the job economic insecurity here.
Respectfully, why do you believe all these vehicles are visible only to Bay Area residents? How do you know they're not in Normal and haven't yet been assigned to any specific service area? How do you know someone in New York isn't seeing them also?

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Respectfully, why do you believe all these vehicles are visible only to Bay Area residents? How do you know they're not in Normal and haven't yet been assigned to any specific service area? How do you know someone in New York isn't seeing them also?
That’s correct. Most of these are in Normal. They use trucks for delivery now, so much faster distribution

OP
OP

Mikebike97

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, Leaf
Occupation
Qa
Clubs

[/QUOTE

Good point I had put in other zip codes and saw different amounts of vehicles in those areas.
That is why I believed, maybe mistakenly, these are for the Bay Area.
I should go to the lot and see if theses at Normal or SSF/ SJ.

fbkr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It used to be 500. Does that make you feel better now?
It actually is still over 500 (in Bay Area). But it hasn't gone up over the last few months so that's good :)

Sponsored

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
These aren’t really in the Bay Area. I ordered from the shop and it was still at the factory in Illinois. Another friend of mine experienced the same thing.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Pick another major brand, look at all of their dealers in the Bay Area and count up their inventory. I bet it’s much more vehicles, and those are sitting at dealers. A big dealer in a large market is selling 100 vehicles a week.

We have the second largest Jeep dealer in the nation in the DC area and they have more than 500 vehicles in stock, on their lots. That is one of more than half a dozen Jeep dealers in N. Virginia.
Sponsored