Sponsored

"Out" of 21's? Ha!

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I'm reading that Rivian is saying they are "out" of the (FREE/INCLUDED) 21" wheels, and asking owners if they would like to choose the 20's or 22's ($$$$) Wow...anyone else find it ironic they are "out" of the no-charge/free wheel option?

I hope this doesn't become a trend with Rivian. Their customers are too smart for games like this. Fool me once...
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I assume all true deliveries coming up will be LE. 20”/22” upgrade would be free in that case.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm reading that Rivian is saying they are "out" of the (FREE/INCLUDED) 21" wheels, and asking owners if they would like to choose the 20's or 22's ($$$$) Wow...anyone else find it ironic they are "out" of the no-charge/free wheel option?

I hope this doesn't become a trend with Rivian. Their customers are too smart for games like this. Fool me once...
Most if not all of the deliveries these next 6 Months will be launch edition cars. The 22 or 20 options are free upgrades. If you have an LE, no big whoop. If you don’t, I’m sure they’ll be available by the time you get yours in 2023/2024

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
I assume all true deliveries coming up will be LE. 20”/22” upgrade would be free in that case.
I changed my order to 21's to see if they will give me the 20" ATs at a discount. lol.

VermontR1T

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Check out Tesla's configuration tool. The main item driving delivery dates is your wheel choice. I don't think this is supply constraint is a hidden price increase from Rivian nor limited to them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Yeah, and they are shady for doing that. Revenue 101, supply demand, quick revenue...such an slimy way to twist your clients for extra cash.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I certainly hope they would take the high road and offer you a discount. They aren't "out" of the 21's. If they think their clients are that simple, they have another thing coming. Lots of choices on the horizon for prospective customers.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Good point, but not what it sounded like from a reserve holder who heard from Rivian... (They did call him about being "out" of the 21's)

Also worth nothing I'm a huge Rivian fanboy....so wasn't happy to see that post. I feel like Rivian has many opportunities to one-up Tesla.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Not what it sounded like from a reserve holder who heard from Rivian...
If they decided on the black 20's or 22's then there is an upcharge. So that could be the case. Otherwise the other three 20/22 option are included with launch editions.

Or they could have misunderstood

Or you may have misunderstood

Rivian R1T R1S "Out" of 21's? Ha! Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 4.27.35 PM

Rivian R1T R1S "Out" of 21's? Ha! Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 4.26.52 PM

Rivian R1T R1S "Out" of 21's? Ha! Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 4.26.19 PM

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, and they are shady for doing that. Revenue 101, supply demand, quick revenue...such an slimy way to twist your clients for extra cash.
I certainly hope they would take the high road and offer you a discount. They aren't "out" of the 21's. If they think their clients are that simple, they have another thing coming. Lots of choices on the horizon for prospective customers.
Good point, but not what it sounded like from a reserve holder who heard from Rivian... (They did call him about being "out" of the 21's)

Also worth nothing I'm a huge Rivian fanboy....so wasn't happy to see that post. I feel like Rivian has many opportunities to one-up Tesla.
This isn't to generate revenue. Everyone who is scheduled for delivery has a launch edition where it's a free upgrade. If anything, it's an added cost to them.

The 21s are a custom tire, so they very well may have supply issues. I've heard this from existing owners as well, and it wasn't just 21s. If they suddenly only offered the black 20s, which is a big upgrade cost, then mayyyybe you'd have an argument.

Slow down on the conspiracy juice a bit. :)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Lol. All sizes are the same price for at least the next 6 months since all deliveries will be LEs.

Nothing to see here folks.
4 months. Adventure trims are scheduled to start delivery in July. Don't try to burst my bubble.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Aren’t all the orders that are being shipped Launch Editions? If so, the 20” or 22” are included in the base price. Do you have evidence that anybody is being charged more to get their car sooner (other than Explore Trim)?
I would be more concerned that the cars being delivered aren’t meeting the published EPA numbers which are based on 21” wheels.

Sponsored