Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

If it is anything like Tesla departure mode, It will kicking in around 30 mins before ur departure time and notify you that your car is at the optimal temperature 15 mins before your departure time and turn off at the departure time.
Based on my one experience this morning, there are no notifications, but it does turn off right at the departure time. I got to my car one minute after departure and the heat was not on/active, but the cabin, steering wheel, and seat were all warm.
Sponsored

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
Based on my one experience this morning, there are no notifications, but it does turn off right at the departure time. I got to my car one minute after departure and the heat was not on/active, but the cabin, steering wheel, and seat were all warm.
If the approach is to turn off at departure time, then it should probably send a notification, no? Or, send notification when the vehicle reaches the set temperature.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
If the approach is to turn off at departure time, then it should probably send a notification, no? Or, send notification when the vehicle reaches the set temperature.
This is what Tesla Departure does. It will notify you when temperature is reached but do not notify when it turned off at departure time. Notification is an easy thing to add if Rivian want to do later.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's...unfortunate. My MINI would stay on for a bit after the departure time, but never quantified exactly how long. But theirs was also setup so that if you didn't drive within some time after the scheduled departure for 2 days it would automatically disable the schedule until you drove the vehicle again. So if you forgot to turn off your schedule before leaving the vehicle for a few days it wouldn't just constantly pull power every morning.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Same...I was always day 1 for updates. Got the ill-fated 2023.42.0 and now It's a couple days later for me as well. :(
Ooo, maybe the curse is broken! My truck is currently downloading the update, according to ElectraFi. They also show 34 currently installed and 100 pending, so they just released a big wave to the fleet tonight. Looks like a small initial wave for the R1S is going out tonight too.

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Haha! I just opened my app and it was sitting there, I didn’t even get the notification yet. Maybe keep checking? ;)
Just proof that there really isn’t much rhyme or reason to the sequence for rolling out the updates. I have an R1T and I think I took delivery before you (last April).

Im more than happy waiting my turn.. although I did plug it into the wall charger just now to give it some confidence. Or maybe I should just come park in proximity to yours to shake the update loose. 🤣

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Next OTA

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Just in the middle of my update. Hopefully it’s fine to have the R1T plugged in. As it said not to dc charger… didn’t say not to ac charger. Never really did an update with the charger Hooked up. But would be dumb if it doesn’t allow this.
Our other EV’s charge and update at same time.

anyhow I hope this fixed the vampire drain we have had for over a year.

also looking forward to improved slow speed control in fwd and rev. As it felt mushy as hell before. The shielded preconditioning is the best feature and finally starting to feel like a decent EV. Compared to our i4’s or Tesla software anyhow. But anyhow, also installed that 1eV CarPlay thing today too… but was hoping the screen mirror worked but nope… does not. So probably going to sell it if anyone wants it. Only use it for Apple Music, but not sure if I need it for other things…. Maybe will try Waze.

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Just in the middle of my update. Hopefully it’s fine to have the R1T plugged in. As it said not to dc charger… didn’t say not to ac charger. Never really did an update with the charger Hooked up. But would be dumb if it doesn’t allow this.
Our other EV’s charge and update at same time.
Yes, it will allow you to update if you are plugged into AC (lvl 2) charger. It will stop the charging session during the update, but it is fine to be plugged in.