First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
When I open the gear tunnel door from the center console I still have to push the bed button to completely open the door...does this work this way for everyone...
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If you have a small garage like I do, you will appreciate it not springing open when the button is pushed. In my case it would hit the wall, probably totaling the truck. šŸ˜–

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
For me the problem is the "relocking in the cracked position" part. Why does it do that?

If I unlatch the door, I expect it to stay unlatched until I either open it fully, or push it closed.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
For me the problem is the "relocking in the cracked position" part. Why does it do that?

If I unlatch the door, I expect it to stay unlatched until I either open it fully, or push it closed.
I hear you, but imagine this thing cruising down the road with the gear tunnel open because someone didnā€™t notice it wasnā€™t locked.

Mobile guillotine.

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
When I open the gear tunnel door from the center console I still have to push the bed button to completely open the door...does this work this way for everyone...
Same sticky door issues with my 2023 R1T:facepalm:. My 2022 R1T's doors would not even unlatch at times :swear:. Rivian's mechanic made multiple attempts to resolve the sticking problems:headbang:. Ultimately, the fixes never really completely solved the issues, so now I'll have to push the buttons multiple times for them to unlatch. I'm tired of requesting service so I just live with it:rolleyes:

OP
OP
llcsf

llcsf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
I hear you, but imagine this thing cruising down the road with the gear tunnel open because someone didnā€™t notice it wasnā€™t locked.

Mobile guillotine.
you get a big red dialog box on the heads-up screen if it is unlocked and you try to drive

Timothykf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt; 2022 R1T Forrest/Black
Sometimes the door will crack only a tiny, unnoticeable amount. Need to give a slight tug with fingernails, otherwise pushing the bed-button appears to do nothing. While periodically frustrating, re-latch is a good feature - might increase the delay though .

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
If you have a small garage like I do, you will appreciate it not springing open when the button is pushed. In my case it would hit the wall, probably totaling the truck. šŸ˜–
šŸ˜±šŸ¤£
Sponsored