Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Investor
Clubs

Thought I would check out how things were proceeding with the Service Centre in Vaughan, Toronto last Saturday 18/Mar/23.

This is what I saw:

#1 North Side (front?)
#2 East Side
#3 South Side

I didn’t see any Rivian signs anywhere. It doesn’t look like they’ve started construction unfortunately.

Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Rivian Service Centre 8B614BB3-1F80-4268-AF94-C4C3DE40E330

Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Rivian Service Centre 80E25058-D97F-4C7D-B732-FDF676A3B113

Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Rivian Service Centre E141678E-3A30-4F3D-AF96-8B6C2BB5952D
Sponsored

Evel Knievel

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma, 2019 AMG GTc
Occupation
Businessman.
Thought I would check out how things were proceeding with the Service Centre in Vaughan, Toronto last Saturday 18/Mar/23.

This is what I saw:

#1 North Side (front?)
#2 East Side
#3 South Side

I didn’t see any Rivian signs anywhere. It doesn’t look like they’ve started construction unfortunately.

8B614BB3-1F80-4268-AF94-C4C3DE40E330.jpeg

80E25058-D97F-4C7D-B732-FDF676A3B113.jpeg

E141678E-3A30-4F3D-AF96-8B6C2BB5952D.jpeg
Seems about right in terms of progress as my delivery window went from Jan-June 2023 to July-Dec 2024 based in July 2020 order. Looking at alternative EVs as Rivian seems to have focused service centres in provinces w favourable tax incentives to EV manufacturers like BC and Quebec.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Seems about right in terms of progress as my delivery window went from Jan-June 2023 to July-Dec 2024 based in July 2020 order. Looking at alternative EVs as Rivian seems to have focused service centres in provinces w favourable tax incentives to EV manufacturers like BC and Quebec.
I don't know about Quebec, but Rivian isn't getting any sort of rebate help in BC. I think Quebec and BC have the highest uptake in EVs in general in Canada (likely aided by rebates for lower cost vehicles, as you mention). But in BC it would also be aided by having the highest priced gasoline in North America and relatively inexpensive electrons, with a much higher rate of environmentalism in general.

Evel Knievel

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Businessman.
I don't know about Quebec, but Rivian isn't getting any sort of rebate help in BC. I think Quebec and BC have the highest uptake in EVs in general in Canada (likely aided by rebates for lower cost vehicles, as you mention). But in BC it would also be aided by having the highest priced gasoline in North America and relatively inexpensive electrons, with a much higher rate of environmentalism in general.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebece...-of-electric-vehicles-in-canada-why-1.5528323

Sponsored

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Although I kept my deposit with Rivian, I'm already 1.5 months into my ownership of a Model Y. Also will look at the EX90 or EV9. So far the MY has been an absolute pleasure and loving the EV experience so far. When Rivian gets their shit together here in Canada I suppose I'll have to decide if I go through with it or get the EX90 or EV9.

Evel Knievel

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Businessman.
Although I kept my deposit with Rivian, I'm already 1.5 months into my ownership of a Model Y. Also will look at the EX90 or EV9. So far the MY has been an absolute pleasure and loving the EV experience so far. When Rivian gets their shit together here in Canada I suppose I'll have to decide if I go through with it or get the EX90 or EV9.

Vivian

First Name
Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

We did the same, got our MY LR last August and drove to the eastcoast for a month, absolutely love it (and the eastcoast)! Helped take the sting out of delay delay delays from Rivian, I’m now kinda hoping my 2019 reservation on the Cybertruck comes first 🤣
Sponsored