SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Alright folks, for those of us who are locked in to the 22" wheels, I'm creating this thread to track what people are getting in terms of mi/kWh and overall range in various modes and driving/environmental conditions.

Very impressive report from Electrified_Motors who took a 900+ trip from Atlanta to NYC and was averaging 2.77 mi/kWh (with nearly 346 miles of range extrapolated at one point) on 22's in mostly conserve mode (some all purpose) with an average speed of 62 miles an hour (because of traffic).

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Summary screen at end of trip:

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial 22" Wheel Efficiency & Range Reports Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.49.41 PM

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Better than AoA 338 Miles on 21's I think in All Purporse Mode.
Kanundrum, I think you are right and that impressed the hell out of me. He was in the mountains on part of this trip so he had to climb some elevation but got the benefit of regen on the way down.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Somebody keep me honest here, but at 2.77 efficiency and a usable pack size of 128 kW, that would translate to almost 355 miles if he took it down to zero.

Am I making the 128 kW number up? That is damn impressive.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

This is all I can manage until my truck gets here... 😝

DadOf4Girls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Rivian R1T, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Maybe that's a "real world" trip on the east coast but here in Colorado, adding in higher average speed, some true mountains, and not as much traffic when heading out to the wilderness, I'm averaging about 2.15 mi/kWh over the 2700 miles or so I've driven on my 22" wheels.

Majority (~70%) of those miles have been in all-purpose mode, followed by conserve (~25%) and the remainder split between sport and various off-road modes. And that's fairly conservative driving, not mashing the go pedal at every stop light and keeping freeway speeds around 80-82 mph (which is really more like 77-79 mph thanks to the wonderful speed calibration Rivian has bestowed on all our trucks).

Sponsored

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Maybe that's a "real world" trip on the east coast but here in Colorado, adding in higher average speed, some true mountains, and not as much traffic when heading out to the wilderness, I'm averaging about 2.15 mi/kWh over the 2700 miles or so I've driven on my 22" wheels.

Majority (~70%) of those miles have been in all-purpose mode, followed by conserve (~25%) and the remainder split between sport and various off-road modes. And that's fairly conservative driving, not mashing the go pedal at every stop light and keeping freeway speeds around 80-82 mph (which is really more like 77-79 mph thanks to the wonderful speed calibration Rivian has bestowed on all our trucks).
DadOf4Girls - thanks for your data point. I think it is important to take into consideration everyone's unique circumstances that are driving their efficiency so appreciate the background.

Was any of your driving cold weather driving?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Thank you - I had a feeling 128 kW was fake news. That still extrapolates to 346 and change.
Remember that if u have good battery charging habits...range will initially increase

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just finished out trip up through the UP. First half was with the awning and tent on the truck. Second half was with the above and a 15' inflatable tandem kayak. Without the tandem we were generally driving faster on the freeway, but not always. Usage likely includes all the ancillary camp kitchen usage, etc. First half was definitely hotter and faster driving overall, even if the average speed number doesn't calculate out that way.
Either way, better range than I expected with the Kayak up top. Lots of times I was looking down doing 75 with an average over 2kWh for the last 15 minutes.

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial 22" Wheel Efficiency & Range Reports PXL_20220726_233852527

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial 22" Wheel Efficiency & Range Reports PXL_20220726_233905542
Sponsored