Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Perhaps the outer part is removable? The inner part looks to be about the size of my other fobs.
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
One tidbit I forgot to mention from my chat with the Rivian folks in Austin this week is around entry/exit...

Few Options:
1. Carabiner key fob we saw today
2. Phone as a key
3. Card (in wallet) key. They actually pulled out the card-key that he kept in his wallet and showed me. Lexus has had something similar for awhile.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
Tell me what those cryptic symbols on the fob are for please.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Tell me what those cryptic symbols on the fob are for please.
Hatch open, and frunk open. Probably tailgate open on the R1T. Assume the top row is just lock/unlock

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Washington state only taxes on the difference as far as I recall. However, my current ride is a lease so I will end up paying taxes on the buyout cost anyway. Unless dealers have a way of finagling out of that somehow.

Maine and Mass. do the same. I'll be trading in my X to offset the R1S purchase price.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I know way back at the Seattle event they showed off several different carabiner-style keys. I wasn’t there, so I don’t know why they showed off different designs or if Rivian said there would be multiple options to choose from. Rivian’s plans also could have changed from the event, which seems so long ago at this point. I like the look of carabiner they showed today the best.

Here’s something I saw elsewhere that I don’t think we’ve discussed yet - the key fob. Interesting - carabiner shape.

0E3A5FEF-3D65-4BDA-9904-6A32DC8CC06B.jpeg

HalcyonRider

First Name
Segundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, R1200GSA
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Isn't that the entire idea, you won't need this in your pocket since you will be able to clip it on to something like your belt loop or backpack?
I suppose that is the idea, but just not my style. I don't alsways have a pack, and I don't want things dangling off of me. It just seems cumbersome.

I think they could stick with the cool caribiner but make it like 50% the size.

Some other iterations are shown in this old thread...
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/a-look-at-rivian-key-fob-carabiner-shape-and-colors.296/

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yikes! That key fob is massive. Not sure what to think about that. Caribiner follows the theme but... I mean, I want to like it. I don't like carrying huge things in my pocket!
A little like a carabiner. Goes with mountain adventure — or on your belt wherever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I am guessing that it is simply a activity key for when you leave your phone in the car (main point of entry) similar to what land rover has except not a watch.
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 43af1d09105fa6d812be9d58fdff47c5x

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

One tidbit I forgot to mention from my chat with the Rivian folks in Austin this week is around entry/exit...

Few Options:
1. Carabiner key fob we saw today
2. Phone as a key
3. Card (in wallet) key. They actually pulled out the card-key that he kept in his wallet and showed me. Lexus has had something similar for awhile.

Ty for the clarity!