A look at Rivian key fob - carabiner shape and colors

SpinDoc7

Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Here’s something I saw elsewhere that I don’t think we’ve discussed yet - the key fob. Interesting - carabiner shape.

0E3A5FEF-3D65-4BDA-9904-6A32DC8CC06B.jpeg

aAlpine

Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 4Runner (R1T pre-order)
Hard to see in that picture because of low light and angle, is that all the different options for key fobs? Or is that the progression of the design process? Very neat idea and love that it's waterproof! But yeah, hopefully it's not at the expense of bulk.

@jimcgov3 just curious, why don't you like key cards?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
Hard to see in that picture because of low light and angle, is that all the different options for key fobs? Or is that the progression of the design process? Very neat idea and love that it's waterproof! But yeah, hopefully it's not at the expense of bulk.

@jimcgov3 just curious, why don't you like key cards?
You have to touch them just right on the B pillar and then touch it to the center console and per quite a few videos from customers of the Model 3, they were too unreliable.

Last edited:

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
Granted I am not a Rivian employee and I came up with this idea just a little too late, but it would awesome if Rivian used their logo as a fob. It has 4 quadrants and you could add a 5th in the center. All you would have to do is make the button black and you wouldn't mess with the original asthetics of the design.

Capture.PNG

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, will be ordering R1S
Granted I am not a Rivian employee and I came up with this idea just a little too late, but it would awesome if Rivian used their logo as a fob. It has 4 quadrants and you could add a 5th in the center. All you would have to do is make the button black and you wouldn't mess with the original asthetics of the design.

Capture.PNG
That would be pretty cool, and also ptractical in that it would be easy to find the correct buttons by feel.

Advertisement

Advertisement